New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Need help guys! Nanginginig ang lancer ko during high speeds from 80 to 100kph. Di naman sya hard starting from cold start usually one click lang sya sa umaga start na. I noticed this problem nung mag pa tune up ako. I had been using iridium spark plugs before my recent tune-up and sabi sa kin nung mechanic dapat daw yung may resistor gamit ko. So pinalitan nung nag patune-up ako and just recently nanginginig na sya at high speeds. Could it be spark plugs or may diperensya na HT wires ako. i will have it serviced tomorrow and i wan't to know from you guys where to start. Thanks.

Details of the car:

Mits Lancer MX 2000, INVECS II tranny.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Um... how do you define "nanginginig"?

Does the engine strain to accelerate? Or does the steering wooble?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Suspension mo bro, try checking tie rods, rack ends etc. . .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Imau View Post
    Need help guys! Nanginginig ang lancer ko during high speeds from 80 to 100kph. Di naman sya hard starting from cold start usually one click lang sya sa umaga start na. I noticed this problem nung mag pa tune up ako. I had been using iridium spark plugs before my recent tune-up and sabi sa kin nung mechanic dapat daw yung may resistor gamit ko. So pinalitan nung nag patune-up ako and just recently nanginginig na sya at high speeds. Could it be spark plugs or may diperensya na HT wires ako. i will have it serviced tomorrow and i wan't to know from you guys where to start. Thanks.

Details of the car:

Mits Lancer MX 2000, INVECS II tranny.
    try first to stock plugs that could be the culprit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Possible na nawala ang lead sa mags mo, baka kailangan na ipa-wheel balance mo ulit.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Um... how do you define "nanginginig"?

Does the engine strain to accelerate? Or does the steering wooble?
    the steering doesn't wooble. the whole car is vibrating and it seems to come from the engine. The rpm when idle is around 800-850. I asked my officemate to come with me awhile ago and he says there's something wrong with the "timing"?. I just noticed awhile ago that there's also slight vibration when it reaches it's normal idling of 800-850.

I forgot to mention that during my last tune up the mechanic did some adjustments on the clearances of the "valves" (i'm not sure if it's those valves) may ginamit syang parang mga maninipis na lata to measure the clearances.
    Last edited by Imau; October 11th, 2007 at 10:45 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Imau View Post
    the steering doesn't wooble. the whole car is vibrating and it seems to come from the engine. The rpm when idle is around 800-850. I asked my officemate to come with me awhile ago and he says there's something wrong with the "timing"?. I just noticed awhile ago that there's also slight vibration when it reaches it's normal idling of 800-850.

I forgot to mention that during my last tune up the mechanic did some adjustments on the clearances of the "valves" (i'm not sure if it's those valves) may ginamit syang parang mga maninipis na lata to measure the clearances.
    could be the timing, but since you are going back to the shop for re-timing, i would suggest that you revert it back again to stock plugs.

i've heard din kasi of guys who are using iridium plugs tapos nagkakaroon ng misfiring/vibration when they used these. when they reverted back to the stock plugs, medyo umayos ang takbo ng engine nila.

hindi sa HT wire yan dahil, pag HT wire, may loss of power and you cannot really accelerate to more than 40 kph.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think that this has something to do with your engine.

Try revving your engine until the redline while idling... if the engine hesitates on of your plugs might be misfiring or something.

Though it could also be a case of a busted engine support or shock stop (or even a misaligned wheel).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    could be the timing, but since you are going back to the shop for re-timing, i would suggest that you revert it back again to stock plugs.

i've heard din kasi of guys who are using iridium plugs tapos nagkakaroon ng misfiring/vibration when they used these. when they reverted back to the stock plugs, medyo umayos ang takbo ng engine nila.

hindi sa HT wire yan dahil, pag HT wire, may loss of power and you cannot really accelerate to more than 40 kph.
    tnks for the tip sir. before the tune-up, I was using iridium and no vibrations or problems and when they changed it to stock that's when I noticed the vibrations. Natuwa nga ako nung pinalitan ng NGK kasi mura 80 petot lang isa.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I don't think that this has something to do with your engine.

Try revving your engine until the redline while idling... if the engine hesitates on of your plugs might be misfiring or something.

Though it could also be a case of a busted engine support or shock stop (or even a misaligned wheel).
    i will also go to minerva tomorrow for re-alignment just to be sure. thanks M2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! Nanginginig na Lancer