New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat
    Had a similar experience with our CRV. It was due to a busted auxiliary fan in our case.
    your temp was going up too when in traffic?
    my radiator fan is working tho when we check it, just not sure if it stays working while on the road...should i replace it?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    a warped head/headgasket will result in water loss.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    a warped head/headgasket will result in water loss.

i see, i just found it weird that the temp goes down when car is in motion and goes up when in traffic...i'll have the shop do a compression check to check out head and gasket...thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Teej55,

One rule of thumb in overheating (not all the time, but most of the time) is when in traffic, the temp goes up, and when in motion, returns to normal is problem in the thermostat (meron naman siguro CRV). But of course, check muna water sa radiator after it cools down (cold to touch yung top of radiator).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by teej55
    your temp was going up too when in traffic?
    my radiator fan is working tho when we check it, just not sure if it stays working while on the road...should i replace it?
    In what we experienced when the fan was busted, yes temp was going up during traffic, then manageable temp already when cruising. But if you tested that your fan works then it may not be the problem. To verify, you can run the CRV, if the temp starts to go up, but the fans are all turning, then you can rule out the fan. If the fan does not start up while temp is increasing, then the fan may have a possible problem.
    Last edited by Autobeat; February 20th, 2006 at 03:30 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat
    In what we experienced when the fan was busted, yes temp was going up during traffic, then manageable temp already when cruising. But if you tested that your fan works then it may not be the problem. To verify, you can run the CRV, if the temp starts to go up, but the fans are all turning, then you can rule out the fan. If the fan does not start up while temp is increasing, then the fan may have a possible problem.
    I agree with autobeat,save yourself with a lot of expense,forget the compression test thing. im sure one of your radiator fan is busted. Dalawa ang fan yung isa smaller for the aircon and the bigger one for the radiator. bka yung isa busted. Did you also notice na medyo mahina ang cooling efficiency ng aircon mo?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pwede din thermoswitch ang problem usually pag di umaandar yung fan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help with my Honda CRV