New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marco624 View Post
    No offense but, whats the point of going over 140kph when the legal speed limit at the NLEX is 100kph (not so sure)? How much more kung 180kph?

Me thinks that this is ok if you're in the race track but in public road, this is dangerous

just my two cents....:peace:
    Even though the speed limit posted is 100kph, its not unusual to find cars going 120kph and faster, especially on sections of the NLEX where it is straight and with little traffic on the road.

I am just trying NOT to be a hypocrite since I just came from Baguio over the weekend and I reached a peak of 150kph on certain sections and was cruising at 125kph for other stretches. I wasn't racing anyone nor was I trying to test the top speed of a LPG powered Corolla (just for the record, I've reached 168kph).

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marco624 View Post
    No offense but, whats the point of going over 140kph when the legal speed limit at the NLEX is 100kph (not so sure)? How much more kung 180kph?

Me thinks that this is ok if you're in the race track but in public road, this is dangerous

just my two cents....:peace:
    that's beside the point.

the important thing here is that the car can't seem to reach the specified maximum speed anymore. and that implies a potentially serious problem.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I hope that the threadstarter's objective is just to check and test if his car has some problems other than that I cannot see the point of reaching 140kph in NLEX.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the helpful replies! sparkplug lang ang culprit. Also the mechanic told me to use different gasoline and not the one here at inside Clark.

Thanks Sir ghosthunter and Al_Librero. Well, point ko lang talaga is dati I can reach that speed of 180kph but tried it last time di na ko umabot even I fully depressed the pedal which I think may problem somewhere talaga. Alam ko naman speed limit eh and am fully aware of that but as ghosthunter have said di rin ako HYPOCRITE na lumalampas sa speedlimit nagagawa ko ito dahil smooth yung road, long and wide, and few motorists and of course i do it with caution. Peace!

Well, ok na rin yung oto thanks tsikot for the helpful tips!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by romtrt View Post
    Thanks for the helpful replies! sparkplug lang ang culprit. Also the mechanic told me to use different gasoline and not the one here at inside Clark.

Thanks Sir ghosthunter and Al_Librero. Well, point ko lang talaga is dati I can reach that speed of 180kph but tried it last time di na ko umabot even I fully depressed the pedal which I think may problem somewhere talaga. Alam ko naman speed limit eh and am fully aware of that but as ghosthunter have said di rin ako HYPOCRITE na lumalampas sa speedlimit nagagawa ko ito dahil smooth yung road, long and wide, and few motorists and of course i do it with caution. Peace!

OT: nung madalas ako dyan sa mabalacat/angeles area, nagkakarga din ako dyan sa clark ng gas, mura kasi, wala naman ako naeencounter na problem. puro premium pinalalagay ko.

anyway, hope you solve your problem.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    I hope that the threadstarter's objective is just to check and test if his car has some problems other than that I cannot see the point of reaching 140kph in NLEX.
    super OT and i just cant help but react.. sori but frochie1 you dont need to hope or speculate because by reading the implications of romtrt's post its OBVIOUS naman that he is inquiring or asking help about a car problem..no need to be malicious about it.if you cant give him sugestions on how to fix his car,..then i guess you know what to do.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by romtrt View Post

glad to know the car's fine. buti spark plug lang ang problema. i should take note of that as well pag sa akin naman nangyari. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    some people can drive better at 200kph than other can at 90kph. if you can drive that fast you better know how to control the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help! hanggang 140kph lang ayaw na..