New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Help po sa mga gaya kong nagpa-install ng central lock, coming from a manual lock. Problem is, pag press ko ng lock na button nagla-lock naman siya, pero pag unlock wala pong response ung locks though nagrerespond ung alarm ko, blink ung lights, also ung led indicator nagre-respond. With this, i suspected ung central lock system, so binuksan ko po ung pinaka-"control unit" (see picture) - this is different from the control unit of the alarm. I found out may mga relays pala un (discovery ko lang nalaman kasi wala talaga ako alam regarding this hehehe) - unlock and lock relays. I noticed pag lock nagki-click ung relay pero pag unlock, hindi.

Tanong ko po, common ba ang relay ng central lock "control unit" na nabibili lang kahit saan? O may nagre-repair ba nito? Or bili na lang po ako ng bagong set?

Nanghihinayang lang kasi ako bili ng bago kasi relay lang naman sira (naka-encircle ng yellow). Kung pwede ma-repair, makakamura pako, I guess.

Thanks po sa mga sasagot.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    not familiar with that kind of set-up, but have you tried replacing it with a cheap bosch relay. the way i see it it is only a single throw relay (like bosch). but there is a more durable relay, the one with diode or resistor (but not cheap usually around php 1,200). try first the bosch and let's see if that will work.

hey wait, does it look like a bosch relay (too bad i left my glasses somewhere). is it soldered on the printed board? maybe its an electronic relay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it should reverse the polarity when you lock and unlock it. try to find the setting of the alarm unit. mayrun dyan sa alarm module dip switches for reverse polarity lock and not power settings.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh one more thing, is it working before? or from start ganito na problem?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir acer, suggest ko pabalik mo doon sa nag-kabit...baka mali yung installation nya. nagbayad ka naman diba?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acer View Post

Tanong ko po, common ba ang relay ng central lock "control unit" na nabibili lang kahit saan? O may nagre-repair ba nito? Or bili na lang po ako ng bagong set?

Nanghihinayang lang kasi ako bili ng bago kasi relay lang naman sira (naka-encircle ng yellow). Kung pwede ma-repair, makakamura pako, I guess.

Thanks po sa mga sasagot.
    I assume that you tried it after installation and it worked. So it was working for some time, until this problem.

They're solid state relays, so not "repairable".

The relays look the same type to me. If they are, and they're socketed (not directly soldered), then try swapping them.

If it works the other way around, meaning it unlocks, but won't lock,- then you have a defective relay.

Puwede pa ring isoli siguro...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    pare go to deeco... makakabili ka nung ganyang relay... mura lang

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Salamat po sa mga sagot. I appreciate it. I'm really glad there's a group like this that newbies like me can ask help from.

I've been using this for a while. Bale, the relay is much smaller than bosch po and is directly soldered sa PCB. With all the checking, including some of the suggestions here, I believe sira nga ung relay and I need a replacement. Planning to buy na lang a set similar or with a module compatible to this, and keep the other parts for future use since buying the module alone is close to the price of the whole central lock device.

But i'm also thinking of buying the relay lang kung merong available at significantly mas mura. Then ako na lang mag-solder.

Saan po nga pala ung Deeco, at may contact number po ba kayo? Thanks po!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    have you tried manually unlocking the lock using your key?

test it first to manually unlock using the key, if all the locks go up, then it may not be the central lock relay, it must be the signal from the alarm that does not trigger the relay to open. the disalarm might arm but would not rigger the relay to unlock. its a matter of programming.

But if the locks dont go up manually unlocking the drivers door the relay might be the culprit. Yes may generic central lock relay.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acer View Post
    Saan po nga pala ung Deeco, at may contact number po ba kayo? Thanks po!
    i don't have their exact numbers but may deeco sa farmers cubao, yung new building, and meron din sa ever gotesco commonwealth.

Help - central lock prob.