New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    when you have anything in your steering and suspension parts and even tires repaired/replaced, you should always have your vehicle aligned. and always rotate your tires once a year para pantay ang kain.
    Not really.misconception.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    do you hear a loud thud when you hit a pothole? if so, then your shocks might be busted. bottoming out is the term i believe. check the shock absorber itself, glide your hand over the aluminun rod (sounds dirty hehe) that retracts when subjected to pressure and note if there is any fluid on it. if there is presence of an oily substance then your shocks are leaking, one sign of shock failure.
    yeah i hear a loud thud when hitting potholes...hmm..il check the shocks for leaks and let you know..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    yeah..the inner part or inner shoulder of both front tires...dunno how to explain it better.. hehe
    lets focus on one tire only (front left tire),kung ang wear ng tire ay sa center lang pero yung sides or edges ay ok pa (uneven wear,center only)ang cause nito ay overinflated lang,ang nangyari kasi dahil sa sobrang hangin,it form into baloon at sa center lang ng gulong nagconcentrate ang friction between road surface and tire,kaya adjust mo yung pressure,,,at pagunderinflate naman yung tire,ang mangyari ay ang sides ang unang mapudpud,,,,,,,,,tungkol namansa pag replace ng steering wheel,kahit gaano man kalaki o kaliit ang ipalit mong steering wheel ay hindi ito magkaproblema sa alignment as long na maganda pagkakabit,wla kang ginalaw sa ilalim (suspension and steering components aside from that steering wheel) and center na center yung pagkalagay ng steering wheel,..marami pa sana akong gusto ibigay sa iyo na tip kaya baka di mo rin iapply..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just came from karcraft along west ave for check up and estimation; below are labor needed and the corresponding fee:

Pull down rack end pinion assy for overhauling - 250
    pull down suspension arm to replace balljoint & suspension bushing LH & RH - 900
    perform 4 wheel alignment - 450

Parts needed: balljoint 2 pcs - 2200, suspension busing LH & RH - 900, Rack end pinion bushing - 450

well, I replaced all those parts 4 mos ago and travelled 9000 kms after the replacement..DO you guys think they're already bad?

Shocks and spring are good according to them.

Il try to get second opinion opinion as advised, at rapide or ZEE maybe?

(still cant believe that shocks and spring are intact ).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis powell View Post
    lets focus on one tire only (front left tire),kung ang wear ng tire ay sa center lang pero yung sides or edges ay ok pa (uneven wear,center only)ang cause nito ay overinflated lang,ang nangyari kasi dahil sa sobrang hangin,it form into baloon at sa center lang ng gulong nagconcentrate ang friction between road surface and tire,kaya adjust mo yung pressure,,,at pagunderinflate naman yung tire,ang mangyari ay ang sides ang unang mapudpud,,,,,,,,,tungkol namansa pag replace ng steering wheel,kahit gaano man kalaki o kaliit ang ipalit mong steering wheel ay hindi ito magkaproblema sa alignment as long na maganda pagkakabit,wla kang ginalaw sa ilalim (suspension and steering components aside from that steering wheel) and center na center yung pagkalagay ng steering wheel,..marami pa sana akong gusto ibigay sa iyo na tip kaya baka di mo rin iapply..
    I will certainly apply whatever your suggestions are..maya lang ng konti il go down to the basement and check the shock for leakage as advised by mbeige . tires are stock 13 and pressure is 30 psi. Ung inner part lang talaga ng both front tires ang worn out..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just came from karcraft along west ave for check up and estimation; below are labor needed and the corresponding fee:

Pull down rack end pinion assy for overhauling - 250
    pull down suspension arm to replace balljoint & suspension bushing LH & RH - 900
    perform 4 wheel alignment - 450

Parts needed: balljoint 2 pcs - 2200, suspension busing LH & RH - 900, Rack end pinion bushing - 450

well, I replaced all those parts 4 mos ago and travelled 9000 kms after the replacement..DO you guys think they're already bad?

Shocks and spring are good according to them.

Il try to get second opinion opinion as advised, at rapide or ZEE maybe?

(still cant believe that shocks and spring are intact ).
    Next time na dalhin mo sa alignment, print out the alignment sheet so you know the values (they should have a comparison chart for reference). Have it done sa computerized alignment too. It's impossible for those things to be out of shape after 9000km unless you came into an incident?

Kung may adjustment yung camber/toe, have them do it also para zero yung camber and yung toe in/out is also up to spec (don't know exact figures for your car, it varies kasi).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ic..il bring it then to another shop and have that alignment sheet printed. I didnt think those parts are already worn out either. NO incident or accident encountered. I just drove all the way to vigan after replacing those parts and back here, it is barely used.

btw, do you think labor and the parts given are priced fair enough? the shop is karcraft along west ave, bago lang daw sila, 6 months [a lang na nag ooperate..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I will certainly apply whatever your suggestions are..maya lang ng konti il go down to the basement and check the shock for leakage as advised by mbeige . tires are stock 13 and pressure is 30 psi. Ung inner part lang talaga ng both front tires ang worn out..
    ok,tulungan kita magdianose ng kotse mo,una hanap ka ng lugar na walang tao,pantay at smooth ang road at malaki,drive your car about 20to 25 kph and then make circle and do not apply your brake,then do it again in different direction,there should be no thug,creek or unusual noise that you hear,if there is one,pwede mo ng sabihin na may bad suspension components,,,,2nd find a humps,run about 5 to 10 or 10 to 15 kph and run over it do not apply the brake, again there should be no unusual noise and if there is one,well bad components...kung sa dalawang test na ito may narinig kang ingay,ipacheck mo na and dont do the 3rd test dahil suspension components talaga ang problema,pero kung wala kang marinig na ingay do the 3rd test,,,,drive you car about 30 to 40 kph apply the brake about in the middle pressure of your foot (not hard)until it completely stop,it should be run straight but kung magpull sya from side to side(left or right)alignment problem lang yan.....i hope it will help you.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I did the second test and heard some noises, pati ung loob ng steering wheel maingay and syempre, andon pa din ung normal na (ka-tag!) noise sa ilalim..Ung third test mukhang normal naman, diretso lang sha and di sha nagsteer sa kahit na anong direction. Ung third test di ko nagagawa, siguro labas ako later para wala masyado sasakyan thanks for the suggestions bud.. il keep you posted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
HELP! alignment prob or what??