New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    mga peps ask ko lang regarding sa headers balak ko lang magpakabit sa auto ko gli lancer anong mga benefits ang makuha ko at ano ang mag disadvantages,lalakas ba ang fuel consumption pls.help TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Advantage: added HP

Disadvantage: loss of torque. need to replace stock mufflers to free flowing mufflers thus resulting to noise. kasi useless if you have headers but sticking to stock mufflers.

from my experience, the benefit of added HP can only be reaped in High RPMs. thus, contributing to fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    added HP yan kung tama ang pagkakagawa...kung hindi naman tama...gastos lang yan...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A lot depends on the design and how restrictive the stock exhaust manifold was... for me i had a good SOTP gain on our B14 Sentra 1.6 before (coupled with an K&N intake) which did not affect my fuel consumption unless i drove hard (this was a 4-2-1 design which i bought from Mufflerland).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have it done by an experienced shop. If you get a novice and they make your headers too big, it'll result in torque loss and poor consumption.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    salamat mga peps sa idea ninyo tungkol sa headers tanong ko lang kong magkano kaya lahat2x ang magastos ko sa pagpakabit nito and to vinj ano `yong SOTP.TIA

headers