New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Mga Peeps,

i have a nissan sentra sgx 90 model, at first ang problem lang nito ay yun tope nya so i decided to bring it to shell mechanic near our place. So he suggested to replace the spark plugs (i bought bosch platinum) and fuel filter and change to velocity. After this, 80% of the tope was gone so i guest hanggang dito na lang ito bcoz of its model(old hehehehe!!!). The next day na gagamitin ko yun car, parang syang hard starting so sabi ko baka kasi di ko sya ginamit the whole day kahapon. so the next day ganun na naman, until na realized ko na talaga hard starting na nga sya.

Ano kaya naging problema nito? HELP!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here, this might help dude:

II. Engine rotates but will not start:

1. Fuel tank empty.
    2. Battery discharged.
    3. Battery terminal connections loose or corodded.
    4. Leaking fuel injectors, faulty fuel pump, pressure regulator, etc.
    5. Fuel not reaching fuel rail.
    6. Ignition components damp or damaged.
    7. Worn, faulty or incorrect gapped sparkplugs.
    8. Broken, loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circuit.
    9. Loose distributor is changing ignition timing.
    10. Broken, loose or disconnected wires at the ignition coil.

III. Engine hard to start when cold:

1. Battery discharged or low.
    2. Malfunctioning fuel system.
    3. Injector(s) leaking.
    4, Distributor rotor carbon tracked.

IV. Engine hard to start when hot:

1. Air filter clogged.
    2. Fuel not reaching the fuel injection system.
    3. Corodded battery connections, especially ground.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Tnx man!

ill check each of this and get back on you for other concerns.

cheers!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    effone,

try checking also your vaccum advancer tube...baka may butas or naalis. Isa ito sa common problem sa nissan sentra of that series (box type).

Eto yung rubber tubes na naka konek sa carb going to some sort of vaccum regulator thing.

This affects timing. My guess is that the mechanic (probably not a good one) just adjusted your settings to a rich setting or advanced your timing (notice if the idling is higher) para ma control yung pagtope.

Most of the items mentioned above are the general issues.

Give specific observations and details (like meron pa bang contact point yun oto o electronic na).....sa experience ko electrical problem is about 80% cause of those type of problem...only 20% presents the gas as the source of the problem (lalo na kung EFI mas less ang probability na iyun ang cause).

Observations of the burn of the spark plugs also help...like puro black carbon soot, basa ng fuel and black, o kaya puti at malinis....these would help....misfiring pistons would have the basa and black. Kulang sa kuryente (faulty high tension, or problem with timing or even faulty induction coil) would produce black carbon soot....etc.

hth.

Hard starting!!!Bakit???