New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    When I reach Fifth gear then downshifting to 4th gear, then I stepped up on Gas pedal, my gas pedal is locking, so what I do is, to push hard the gas pedal to release it again. Naglolock ang gas pedal ko during high speed? What is the cause??

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph20 View Post
    When I reach Fifth gear then downshifting to 4th gear, then I stepped up on Gas pedal, my gas pedal is locking, so what I do is, to push hard the gas pedal to release it again. Naglolock ang gas pedal ko during high speed? What is the cause??

joseph,
    looks like you gained a free cruise control that's dangerous hehehehehe! the problem lies in the linkage being stuck maybe due to some mechanical binding or lack of lubrication. in most cases, the throttle control is returned to near close throttle by of course the return spring. tah dah! in older cars, for some of you who tinkered with the 60' or 70's cars, they were equipped with a step type idle speed cam and a dashpot. these components after a while prevents the throttle plate to return to idle speed maybe due to a broken you guessed right, a return spring. check the cables too if it is operated by cable and lubricate the cable inside of the tube.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    joseph,
    looks like you gained a free cruise control that's dangerous hehehehehe! the problem lies in the linkage being stuck maybe due to some mechanical binding or lack of lubrication. in most cases, the throttle control is returned to near close throttle by of course the return spring. tah dah! in older cars, for some of you who tinkered with the 60' or 70's cars, they were equipped with a step type idle speed cam and a dashpot. these components after a while prevents the throttle plate to return to idle speed maybe due to a broken you guessed right, a return spring. check the cables too if it is operated by cable and lubricate the cable inside of the tube.
    jick
    uhhm, sir so your diagnosis po is lubricate ko lang mga cables ko with oil??

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph20 View Post
    uhhm, sir so your diagnosis po is lubricate ko lang mga cables ko with oil??
    please proerly identify your car. if you please, follow the guideline on how to post

Gas pedal locking * high speed