New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Never experienced the freezing. Kung naka-full ang thermostat ko, I'm the one freezing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sa mga replies guys. I had my aircon cleaned right after the thing happened. Its ok now but i've yet to observe it during long drives with thermostat on full cold.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    What about if i had my AC cleaned just 9 months ago and then again "nag ye yelo" ?

its a 90 corrolla xl....

although i have not tried putting the temp at only 70%......but assuming my coils are still clean, what would the other reasons be?

thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    What about if i had my AC cleaned just 9 months ago and then again "nag ye yelo" ?

its a 90 corrolla xl....

although i have not tried putting the temp at only 70%......but assuming my coils are still clean, what would the other reasons be?

thanks
    maybe the thermostat is always on.. or sa sinabi nila dirty evaporator na.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    finchy,

i took it to a shop along 20th ave.

they said it was the thermostat and it had to be replaced....they charged me P600 for the part and P150 for the labor....dont know if that was cheap....

this is the same shop i had it cleaned just 9 months ago...

anyway, will test it for a few days ...

my previous problem was it would be cold at first then become hot after 15 minutes........

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    finchy,

i took it to a shop along 20th ave.

they said it was the thermostat and it had to be replaced....they charged me P600 for the part and P150 for the labor....dont know if that was cheap....

this is the same shop i had it cleaned just 9 months ago...

anyway, will test it for a few days ...

my previous problem was it would be cold at first then become hot after 15 minutes........

nagyeyelo, ibig sabihin mababa ang superheat. It's either madumi ang evaporaotr or faulty ang thermostatic valve(kung meron nga ang car aircon nito), di na nya nare-regulate ang liquid refrigerant na pumapasok sa coils.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    thanks

yes they replaced the thermostat valve (part P600) , i had the evaporator cleaned just 10 months ago so hindi ko na pinalinis.....i am observing the car now....hopefully the problem was solved.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saan ba yung 20th Avenue? May mga manloloko kasi diyan sa mga avenue-avenue, eh. Simple leaking evaporator (a Php5k job) biglang nagdoble ang presyo. Kung ano anong 'extra' parts and service na lumabas sa resibo. Buti na lang hindi ko kotse at pera yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hello, same rin prob ko.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    had the same problem when i got my car. malamig pag bagong start, then nagyeyelo na pagtagal. i didn't notice it since puro short city drives lang but when i went for a long drive, i noticed humina yung blower. nagyeyelo nga.

i had it cleaned pero i noticed na hindi naman gaano madumi yung evaporator. i also had the drier and expansion valve replaced and the system vacuumed and flushed. it'll be close to a year now pero no problems at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Freezing Freon?