New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just came from a smooth drive from Sta Cruz Laguna yesterday until my aicon suddenly lost its usual temperature. My suking repair shop's diagnosis said that "nag yelo" daw ang aircon. After putting the thermostat to full heating position, water flowed from under the vehicle. Since the vehicle did not have any cleaning records since it was passed on to me, I decided to have it cleaned na rin. The unit is working fine now and smells nice too!

How can I prevent this from hapenning again? Should I put the thermostat into heating position once in a while during long drives para maiwasan ang pag yeyelo?

By the way I drive a '98 Isuzu Trooper (local UBS69) and just to share my experience with this vehicle, driving was very comfortable. I tried cruising at 160kph with no sweat at all!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    simply keep your evaporator clean and free of dirt... so having it cleaned on a regular basis will help prevent this from happening.

another way is to avoid setting your thermostat to full cold.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ghost,
    Where do you usually set your thermostat? Yup, mine is always set at full.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thermostat-70-80% lang siguro
    fan speed - 2
    linis evaporator sbi nga ni ghost..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms
    Ghost,
    Where do you usually set your thermostat? Yup, mine is always set at full.
    depends on the time of day. For morning, late afternoon & evening its about oen or two "clicks" from OFF. At noon time or near that, its at 55 or 60% of full.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    troopers have thermostat or climate control? most cars 1995 up have climate control as opposed to thermostat.

yup yearly cleaning will prevent it from freezing up, also will make the lifespan of the evaporator longer.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually di naman porke naka full cold ang thermostat magyeyelo na yan eh, as long as malinis ang expansion valve and walang bara kahit iwan mo whole day sa full cold yan di magyeyelo yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Minsan, mabagal ang ikot ng evaporator blower or ng condenser fan kaya nag-yeyelo.

Either you lower your temp setting or you full blast the fan.

Ok lang iyan, my former vehicle used to do that a lot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    simply keep your evaporator clean and free of dirt... so having it cleaned on a regular basis will help prevent this from happening.

another way is to avoid setting your thermostat to full cold.
    mine is naka set 2 lines down from d full cold....dati nung naka todo nagmomoist and parang may lumalabas na "Fog" sa vents

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dirt on the evaporator will restrict cold air passing it and would condense the cold air passing it into water na siya namang magki-cling sa evaporator fins...eventually the water gets too cold and reach it solid state (ice formation) so mag-yeyelo na ang fins totally blocking the fins...so unless matunaw iyun, the aircon can't blow cool air outside its vent.

So the culprit is a dirty evaporator fins and full-cold setting sa thermostat...

my 2 cents.
    Last edited by wildthing; September 6th, 2005 at 01:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Freezing Freon?