New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I recently joined and I with my limited knowledge of car services in our country, I'd have to ask...

Are there good restoration sevices available locally? can you guys suggest some?

We have an old 67 mustang and I was thinking of restoring it and I would love to restore it to its former glory. Thing is, I am not sure where... Or would it be a waste of time and money to even take on this endeavor locally?

any help?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lots of shop. Alex Restoration for one... I'm sure some of the old-timers ( just kidding, guys...) will chime in on the others.

Consensus seems to be... it's doable, but you have to be patient, as you'll need to order some stuff (mostly trim and mechanical) from the US and wait. And you can't just leave the car to someone else's care for long periods of time... you have to visit periodically (or in some cases, very often) to check on the progress.

I think sina woodfire or turbo can point you to some of the right places. If they don't respond, you can try PMing them (private messaging) or searching for their older posts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    aside from alex, here's a specific place to ask around... http://musclecarsph.1.forumer.com/

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    we also have a 69 mustang and im looking for a shop that can restore this pony.

Our car doesn't have the original engine, it was changed to a diesel engine and it was stuck it our garage for over 15 years.

I researched for the original engine and found out that the car should have a 351 4V engine.

i hope you can help me guys.

thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stang_69 View Post
    we also have a 69 mustang and im looking for a shop that can restore this pony.

Our car doesn't have the original engine, it was changed to a diesel engine and it was stuck it our garage for over 15 years.

I researched for the original engine and found out that the car should have a 351 4V engine.

i hope you can help me guys.

thanks
    Maybe you could use a Nissan SR20DET as a replacement for your missing 351cu-in engine?

(Images from The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift flashes into mind)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung may access kayo sa mga parts supplier in US, madali lang yan irestore - pero it would be a bit costly.

my guesstimate aabot yan ng P200-500T to restore.

Alex Isip can do a good job on the body IF you have the money.

But you have contacts for a good latero, madali ang paint-prep and painting...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've read the replies before but forgot to post my thanks. I appreciate the replies. at least now, I have an idea around how much it'll cost and if it's worth it. I'll try to save up for it as it's the first car my dad gave me.

Thanks guys. if anyone can add on to the suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Ford Mustang Restoration