New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    astig, plug and play nga yung eclipse engine sa galant! hmmmm.... may thought balloon bigla ako ah haha

thanks for the info, bro

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, khang yan ang plano nya. piggyback and bigger injectors. ok naman ang intake and exhaust nya. tapos may boost controller na sya, so in order to crank up the boost, he needs the bigger injectors and change the fuel management using the piggy back.

andy

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i don't think it was an easy swap pare. this guy owns mitsu gensan, so medyo maraming labor and technical resources at his disposal. Tapos, this is his third car lang. daly driver nya is pajero, tapos he has that lancer and this galant.

when we were talking before, ang recommended nya talaga to salp a 4g63 is the lancer or galant GTi and the lancer na evo 3 body. these will be the easiest daw to do.

andy

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mga evo dito sa auckland, ganyan lang ang boost nila. unless na gusto pa nilang taasan kailangan na ng forge piston. 15psi is alot, siguro makaka low 12 sec. 1/4 miles.

di na sigurong kailangan mag pa lightweight pa. magaang na rin ang mga evo eh.

ingat sa paglaunch baka maubos ang ngipin sa gearbox. kayang kumain ng gear sa 1st and 2nd.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    his problem is the body he is using is not an evo, it is a stock lancer gli released dito sa pinas. i am sure it is much heavier than the evo 3. tha is why he is considering lightening the body

he is running about 1 bar of boost. i heard somewhere that the old 4g63t engines could handle more boost than the some newer models. totoo ba yun?

andy

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    lancer gli, mas magaang sa evo wala kasing safety bars ang gli di katulad ng evo. double wishbone ala yata sa GLI.not so sure kung pareho ang release dyan at dito.

old 4g63t, siguro nga matitibay ang mga yan. kasi hanggang ngayon marami parin akong nakikitang gamit parin eh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    from what I know the evo kit includes weight reduction? Hindi ba kasama yun? Or was it just the engine he took and placed in a lancer gli?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    evo engine, and everything below. meaning drivetrain, suspension and brakes etc

andy

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I see. I guess he really is going to have to go for weight reduction. with all of that under the hood, would you say the evo became lighter or heavier compared to stock?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    his evo 3 is definitely heavier than a stock gli. but he more than makes up with it with the 280 hp that he gained (270 stock plus intake, exhaust and boost pressure mods).

the stock gli would probably be in the high 110+ or low 120s in terms of hp. plus the 4 wheel drive of the evo will get rid of notorious wheel spin that kills quarter mile times.

andy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
drove an EVO 3 last night :) WOW