New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanx sa mga reply. ang hirap maghanap ng plastic cap lang. dinala ko na lang sa wizzard. i ended up buying the whole linkage for 900 petot from their supplier. ang mahal lang ng labor sa wizzard--400 petot!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    hmm...mga 2 years ago, i encountered the same problem. pauwi pa naman ako't umuulan ng malakas. as a stopgap measure, i repositioned the wiper from the passenger side such that nasa gitna siya, para mawipe din nya ng bahagya ung driver side :D

ung nangyari sa akin, nasira ung plastic bushing connecting the driver side wiper arm to the passenger side arm(and to the wiper motor). basically the linkage is composed of two metal rods connected via plastic hinge/bushing. the passenger side wiper is actually less susceptible to this 'coz it's almost directly connected to the wiper motor; mas naiistress siguro ung bushing further down the line

me isang natanungan ako sa banawe na irerepair lang daw yan. at the time i thought it best to look for either surplus or replacement. ang sabi naman sa mga nagbebenta ng surplus, most of their parts are from right hand drive ae92s, kaya wala talagang surplus na wiper linkage(i still don't get the explanation to this day). i ended up buying a replacement linkage from a shop(forgot the name na) for around 950.

nakabit ko naman on my own in a little over an hour -- natagalan lang kasi nilinis ko pa ung "crevice" where the linkage is in...and i made the mistake of greasing the metal rods to prevent rusting(which shouldn rust, 'coz they seem to be made from aluminum) B)

they were right by not selling you their surplus linkages , e pang right hand drive ang linkages na yon. you'll have to punch new holes in your car body, tapos mali pang direction nyan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
driver-side windshield wiper stopped functioning