New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello again!

I just finished my DIY, connected my separates to another amplifier. Anyway, i removed both front panels, fixed the wiring, etc. When i was putting the sidings back, of course i checked if the speakers, power windows and locks were working properly when i noticed this rubber (weatherstrip?) outside the window come up with the glass while i was testing it. when i checked it, the rubber was starting to corrode, malutong na pala siya! i think is the rubber which prevents water from coming in..

Also, since it's been raining, should i check the components inside the door?

Are there other shops where i can have these replaced or sa dealers lang?
    If so, where and what are the shops you guys can recommend?

By the way, my ride is an '04 Nissan Xtrail. Thanks Tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gpufrancisco View Post
    Hello again!

I just finished my DIY, connected my separates to another amplifier. Anyway, i removed both front panels, fixed the wiring, etc. When i was putting the sidings back, of course i checked if the speakers, power windows and locks were working properly when i noticed this rubber (weatherstrip?) outside the window come up with the glass while i was testing it. when i checked it, the rubber was starting to corrode, malutong na pala siya! i think is the rubber which prevents water from coming in..

Also, since it's been raining, should i check the components inside the door?

Are there other shops where i can have these replaced or sa dealers lang?
    If so, where and what are the shops you guys can recommend?

By the way, my ride is an '04 Nissan Xtrail. Thanks Tsikoteers!

gpufrancisco,
    just like the other rust magnets as bmw, isuzu, mercedes benz, opel and nissan, the dealerships know these are parts that routinely corrodes and routinely needs to be replaced. the dealership will have them available readily.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Update lang, was able to talk to my friend from a dealership this afternoon, the part is called the Window Belt Molding. The part is by order pala since hindi daw ganun kadalas ang replacement ng part na yun.

Would cost around 4k to replace driver's side belt modling.. Sana umabot ang budget!

Also did a little research kasi parang nanghihinayang pa akong palitan since hindi naman talaga sira yung buong molding. (at wala pang kasing pera, haha!)

Actually, yung rubber lang na nakadikit sa glass inside the belt molding yung may sira. minsan pag basa yung window, sumasama paakyat yung rubber.

See images in the link:

http://trdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=437378

See image #2, hindi pa yung buo na yan yung may sira, just the thin rubber in between the glass and the whole molding

driver side window rubber/weather strips?