New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tol rion--anu pangblock mo sa vacuum hose ng EGR mo? anu maaring effects ng blocking lang ng vacuum hose na yun??

naglagay ka na ng oil catch can? anu ginamit mo?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yummy I can answer that. Blocking EGR with plugging the vacuum line will just prevent it from functioning pero you might disable it in the open position which still allows air from the exhaust to get into the intake. If you're lucky and you plug it while closed you might get similar results as if you removed it but you don't have a chance to clean the manifolds. Removal will allow you to clean the manifolds. Tama si Rion kung saan pwede mo lagyan ng blocking plates. Make sure makapal yung bakal nun.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    tol rion--anu pangblock mo sa vacuum hose ng EGR mo? anu maaring effects ng blocking lang ng vacuum hose na yun??

naglagay ka na ng oil catch can? anu ginamit mo?
    I just old fashion tie it like a shoe lace.

like mbeige said... I had no certainty blocking the vacuum hose will really work. until I tested it in a a/t to m/t converted Pajero. when the Egr is unblocked, the Pajero feels choking and on random times, I hear clicking noise and burst of smoke.

I think that a EGR timing will not work when a A/T is converted to M/T. when I block the hose, the symptoms are gone. then to make sure, I made a plate with drilled holes. I hear you should put gasket too. but I never had mine. tinatamad na ako.

never heared of oil catch can until you posted here. interesado din po ako. it's a + considering intercooler maintanance in the Van is a pain in the ass process. nasa ialalim kase eh... buti nalang may rampa kami...

where do we buy those can's A.Y?
    Last edited by rion; September 30th, 2007 at 05:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks to you two I unhooked the vacuum lines going to the EGR

I installed vacuum line filters kasi. The ones going to the EGR had soot (diesel rin). Ngayon sobrang itim na natakot ako so I removed the lines. Replace ko yung filter next time kasi may lakad ako mamaya

These were taken Sep 12:

The dirt you see in the other filter is just a week old!! Ngayon make that two or three times more na. In case you want to get these filters I can give you the part number for the Mercedes part I don't know lang how much it costs there. You can get them sa Delodur and the like I guess. I did this so that I can have a window into the vacuum system to see how dirty it is. On our cars the diesels have a vacuum pump maybe it's the same with your diesels, no?

Part number [SIZE=2]000 078 06 56 at your local Benz parts store
    [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mercedez is truly a complete ride.

yes, I think it's basicaly the same. the egr level is controled by a solenoid. there is filter thingy in the vacuum hose though. but I'm not sure if it's really a filter.

if you unplug the vac hose in the EGR, you will feel the air pressure from the EGR valve. meaning, some exhaust are recycled back to the vacuum pump.

so our vacuum pump is inhaling some exhaust (utot).

then, there is no filter in the EGR itself. meaning. humihinga ng unfiltered exhaust (utot) yung intake (ilong). :hysterical:

magkano po yan dyan sa states? I think this is a useful filter.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's actually a fuel filter but several owners have used it successfully as a vacuum filter so we can have a window into the system. It works! You're right utot ang naaamoy ng engine when the EGR conveys exhaust gas into the intake.

The filter is a few $ maybe 2-4 each pero I don't know if Delodur has them cheaper. Delodur is in Libis beside the Honda. It's called "European Motors" if you want to get some with the part number I provided. I hope your vacuum lines are similar in size with ours so you can use them. Hirap ikabit but it's a snug fit! Well it's for fuel lines kasi pero this works just fine

ok, for the vacum hose of the EGR, i'll use a fuel filter kung pwede, bakit 2? to and from EGR?

4wd system ng liteace ko uses vacuum hose to shift to 4wd, tapos lever nalang ang H to L...

yung catch can, naisip ko lang..nababasa ko sa forum--first i thought na breathe to athmospher nalang(lalagyan ko nung air-filter ng motorbike) yung crank case hose na yun ang plug the one on the intake manifold...but..parang may mali kung ganun, kaya research ako...

kung walang mabili, DIY ako..as usual.. nakakainis baklasin ang intake manifold! aalising yung back cover, yung cover ng air filter, yung takip ng makina(ung seat) basta madami..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yummy, on mine the filters are originally fuel filters. Maybe your Toyota does not have similar filters but check before you buy. I mentioned the part number in case you want to use MB filters similar to the ones I posted. That way you can also have a last resort plan in case you do not find any.

Two filters, kasi two nipples on the main vacuum line on my car. Those are the two main branches that originate from the main vacuum line so I thought that would be a good place to install them. I have a third spare one which I will keep in case I need it but I'll get more mura lang pala sila near a friend's house in Eagle Rock.

If you do drop by Delodur and they have them in stock ask if you can get the aftermarket type not the original MB. The original MB kasi you also pay for the brand but they're essentially the same. Just a heads up

On my filters, only one has a link to the EGR. The other has no link to it that's why it's clean. I was testing and narrowing down where the soot comes from. Looks like I still have to narrow down the margin of error and confirm that the EGR is indeed the one causing it, hence my unplugging and seeing if that prevents soot build up

naintindihan ko na...

baka yan mga add-ons na yan muna gawin ko...later na yung EGR mod and manual boost control(+ guage)

thanx din!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    good luck sa project mo A.Y

let me know about your developments.

btw, just a tsikot testimonial of EGR disabling in a trooper:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=164
    Last edited by rion; October 3rd, 2007 at 05:40 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
the DIY oil catch can and the blocking of EGR(exhaust gas recirculation)