New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ano magandang differential sa akyatan LOW speed or Hi speed?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    4WD?

IMHO, you don't need to switch to 4-low unless you're climbing in dirt. Most paved inclines can be taken in 4-high or 2-high.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Actually I am plannning to change differential gearbox (bungo) for my liteace kasi mabagal sa paakyat. I'm not sure kung hi speed or low speed yung original gearbox nya.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Actually I am plannning to change differential gearbox (bungo) for my liteace kasi mabagal sa paakyat. I'm not sure kung hi speed or low speed yung original gearbox nya.
    Do you want to replace the gearbox or differential? They are not the same thing.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is it an AWD? A diesel? Mabagal talaga sa akyatan ang mga small vans na ganyan. Small engines, poor rear traction... we once had to get out of the Vanette and walk when we found a slope (village in Tagaytay... super-steep!) it couldn't climb with a full load.

Don't take it badly... the Toyota Coaster was the same... and that had a pretty big diesel in it, compared to our vans.

Tama si redorange, the gearbox and differential are two different things. Personally, if there's nothing wrong with the gearbox, don't touch it. It's better to change the rear differential, assuming it's rear wheel drive... and assuming you can find different-geared differentials that will fit. If it's AWD, there's not much you can do about it.

Best bet? Get very good tires and get used to going slowly when going uphill.

Also, check your engine's condition... some engine maintenance and tweaks should give you a little extra oomph.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chiekot View Post
    Ano magandang differential sa akyatan LOW speed or Hi speed?
    You go by ratios kung akyatan 4.6:1 up but puro hiyaw when driving fast and it will never go really fast torque lang sya.

Differential: Low speed Vs. Hi speed