New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Good day mga sirs, maginquire lang po ako. just bought a 2009 Honda City AT. So far no problem naman sa takbo. I'm starting to do maintenance na din as per the service manual.

ask ko lang kasi dalawang tao na po nagsabi sakin na need ko din palitan differential fluid oil nito, pero base sa service manual, wala naman po specs or scheduled maintenance sa differential.

also, i'm planning to diy atf change, ask ko lang if CVT na po ba ang transmission assy ng model na to? as per manual, atf z1 ang recommended and base sa nababasa ko dito, z1 was already replaced by dw-1 fluid. ok lang ba gamitin to?

btw so far smooth shifting pa yung gears as of the moment, gusto ko lang manigurado na tamang fluid and mailalagay

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The 2009-2013 City/Jazz has the traditional torque converter 5-speed AT tranny. You have to use the Honda ATF DW1 fluid and change it every 40k km. You will need around 4L for the usual drip and refill method. Since FWD yung kotse, wala sya differential only the transaxle but this is part of the tranny assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; October 12th, 2019 at 02:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The 2009-2013 City/Jazz has the traditional torque converter 5-speed AT tranny. You have to use the Honda ATF DW1 fluid and change it every 40k km. You will need around 4L for the usual drip and refill method. Since FWD yung kotse, wala sya differential only the transaxle but this is part of the tranny assembly.

ayun, salamat sa confirmation sir

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017

Galing-galing 👌

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Galing-galing 👌
    parang medyo sensitive ang honda AT in that it requires OEM honda atf. ang toyota or mitsubishi as long as within specs maski 3rd party brand ok lang..

naalala ko yun 2006 FD ang ginamit ko royal purple ATF buti na lang di nagloko.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    parang medyo sensitive ang honda AT in that it requires OEM honda atf. ang toyota or mitsubishi as long as within specs maski 3rd party brand ok lang..

naalala ko yun 2006 FD ang ginamit ko royal purple ATF buti na lang di nagloko.
    Better be safe than sorry. Di rin naman kamahalan yung Honda OEM fluids.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Better be safe than sorry. Di rin naman kamahalan yung Honda OEM fluids.

good point.

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Hi, we also have a Honda City CVT 2016, when it comes to the change oil and change filter part, yun bang ordinary change oil nito pwede ba ang Top1 Motor Oil for the Honda City engine?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Hi, we also have a Honda City CVT 2016, when it comes to the change oil and change filter part, yun bang ordinary change oil nito pwede ba ang Top1 Motor Oil for the Honda City engine?
    Check the manual for oil viscosity options. Opt for low viscosity fully synthetic engine oils (between 0w20 up to 5w30) as it is better for fuel efficiency.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Pde basta swak sa specs as recommended by the manufacturer.

When in doubt sa brand, go for the popular ones - Shell, PEtron, Caltex, Mobil, Castrol (orig daw dapat hehehe) or even Zic (ang bagong flavor of the month sa motor oils)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Differential Fluid and Transmission fluid on Honda City