The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    4AFE nga...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    4AGE yung tawag sa makina ng 1.6GLi na Toyota (yun sa iyo ay 2E series). Eto yung 16valve na DOHC engine, which when properly modified ay pede mo nang ipang karera yung oto mo sa drag-strip.

Goodluck!!!

wow.. ganda ng 1.6 gli bor DOHC pa.. nag tanong ako sa mechanic ng isang shop sabi nila kaya nilang convertiong sa 1.3 to 1.6 GLi..takot ako sa mechanic nila eh baka masira lng tsikot ko at bka gawing experiment .. gusto ko pero dami palitan at ipa gawa..

mayron naba nka try nyan dyan sa manila? okey ba results ng swap? wlang taguk-tok?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually kung EFI model iyun yung AFE series, kung carb model AGE series...but i could be wrong. Ang F kasi is stands for the fuel economy version...the design was intended to produce savings in fuel consumption. Yung G is for the power...malakas power, malakas gas consumption...but both would have almost the same displacement of 1.6L

the 20valve 4AGE is the one mounted on the newer model toyotas like the ALTIS na 1.6L engine

As for conversion to 4AGE, bai I would recommend that you visit the dragsters people in Cebu and ask for their referal na mechanic who can do the engine swap. Marami talagang gagawin and papalitan kasi magkaiba ang system ng 2E and 4AGE...it is not actually practical to upgrade to 4AGE (financial point of view)...baka mas okay pa ibenta mo yung buong oto and then bili ka ng naka 4AGE na....lalo na kung wala ka pa gaanong alam sa oto repairs.

my 2 cents. peace

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    actually, no...
    4AFE is a narrow-angle DOHC, "narrow-angle" being that the angle between the intake and exhaust valves is small (30 degrees or less). It is an EFI engine, and is tuned for fuel economy.

4AGE is a wide-angle DOHC, the angle between intake and exhaust valves is I think 60 degrees. it also is EFI.

the Altis (AE121) 1.6L uses the 1ZZ-FE engine, which has VVTi. Late-model 20-valve 4AGE's also have VVTi but I don't think the 4AGE ever got into any local Corolla or Altis as stock.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the Altis (AE121) 1.6L uses the 1ZZ-FE engine, which has VVTi. Late-model 20-valve 4AGE's also have VVTi but I don't think the 4AGE ever got into any local Corolla or Altis as stock.
    Say this line fast 10x hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    actually, no...
    4AFE is a narrow-angle DOHC....etc.
    OIC, Thanks for the info!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...yep, the 4AGE NEVER got into any of our locally released corollas.

...good to hear ayus na car problem mo. if you're still having a hard time sleeping, try stilnox.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    actually, no...
    4AFE is a narrow-angle DOHC, "narrow-angle" being that the angle between the intake and exhaust valves is small (30 degrees or less). It is an EFI engine, and is tuned for fuel economy.

4AGE is a wide-angle DOHC, the angle between intake and exhaust valves is I think 60 degrees. it also is EFI.

thanks for the info.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanx sa inyo guys..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    guys,... pano pagmaytumolo sa ilalim... parang langis yata ang tumulo... may sira bha kotse ko?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
di makatulog dahil sa car problem ko