New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    there's this place in Cubao near SM Centerpoint which produces engine mounts from airplane tire rubber (?) or similar. M7 is the name of the place. They take your old mounts, punch out the broken rubber, and put in their machined rubber inserts. It's analogous to the hard polysterene "racing" engine mounts being sold.

i have to say though, 2 of my engine mounts are replacements and they're not broken (yet). more than a year na... although if I had known of M7 before I'd have gone for it. ang mahal mahal pa naman yung passenger-side engine mount ko (and walang replacement) kaya sulit talaga yung M7.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    there's this place in Cubao near SM Centerpoint which produces engine mounts from airplane tire rubber (?) or similar. M7 is the name of the place. They take your old mounts, punch out the broken rubber, and put in their machined rubber inserts. It's analogous to the hard polysterene "racing" engine mounts being sold.

i have to say though, 2 of my engine mounts are replacements and they're not broken (yet). more than a year na... although if I had known of M7 before I'd have gone for it. ang mahal mahal pa naman yung passenger-side engine mount ko (and walang replacement) kaya sulit talaga yung M7.
    sir orly_andico,

pa pm naman po exact address ng M7 planning to replace all of my engine support.

car ko volkswagen scirocco gt 80 model madali kasing masira yung nabibile ko sa volks shop at mahal pa.

maitanong ko lang po kung magkano yung napagawa nyo dito. matibay at maganda maglaro ang polysterene (the same din ba ito ng polyurethane rubber?)

thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    just a follow to this question. do i need to replace all the mounts? i only replaced 2 of them. i think whats causing the vibration is the other old mounts.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    scirocco,

# Engine Support Repair

M7, Aurora Blvd. near CCP (Central Colleges of the Phil.) to your right going to Cubao.
    7003972 - they also do disk brake rotor refacing (250/rotor)

I don't know magkano. Nasa low hundreds yata eh. They DON'T use polysterene (yun ang gamit ng mga racer sa US) but instead gulong yata ng truck or airplane eh. Basta whatever it is, matibay naman daw and matigas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stick to OEM, kahit M7 sobrang tigas...

Check your transmission mount as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dashboard Vibration Problem