New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hey guys! i need your help again. i had my front & left rear engine mounts replaced. after the installation, the dashboard vibrates even more especially when i stop & step on the brake. it also vibrates when i'm turning the steering wheel whether i'm on reverse or drive. my mechanic says it should vibrate because the mounts are still new. is that true? he did not use OEM engine mounts. also, when he adjusts the idle speed to high, the vibration stops but i don't think that's the right way to solve the problem. what can be the problem? any ideas? thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I guess since it is still new it would be firmer. I would have gone OEM though for a part like that.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think it should not vibrate with the new mounts. Before you replaced the mounts, was there vibrations?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    BTW, what is the vehicle in question?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    before the mounts were replaced, the dashboard only vibrates only when the A/C is on but its not that strong as before.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    87 Honda Accord

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d
    I guess since it is still new it would be firmer. I would have gone OEM though for a part like that.
    agree...expect at least 2-3 months, sira na ulit yan.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    try to tune-up your car, masyado cguro mababa ung menor mo kya mlakas ang vibration.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    On my Honda Accord 95 I've had a problem with the idling speed with the aircon on lately. I may suggest checking the idle air valve and adjust idling speed if necessary.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    naku, papalitan na namin engine supports namin..all of them..baka mmya magvibrate din sa akin...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dashboard Vibration Problem