New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Galactus,

Hi, how do you apply wd-40 with soap and water? hehehe, pasensya na ha, hindi ko talaga alam eh. Medyo nakakaasiwa na kasi yung mga adhesive marks lalo na yung may naiwan pang foam na kontin from the dashield.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Spray mo yung WD-40, let it soak for awhile, then kaskasin mo ng fine toothbrush (yung hindi masyado matigas ang bristles).

Then lagyan mo ng konting soap (or Axion) yung toothbrush, spray the area with water (using a spray bottle) and kaskasin mo uli yung part na dapat linisin. Sigurado, tanggal yung mga adhesive residue. Wipe with a moist rag. Worked wonders for me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Spray mo yung WD-40, let it soak for awhile, then kaskasin mo ng fine toothbrush (yung hindi masyado matigas ang bristles).

Then lagyan mo ng konting soap (or Axion) yung toothbrush, spray the area with water (using a spray bottle) and kaskasin mo uli yung part na dapat linisin. Sigurado, tanggal yung mga adhesive residue. Wipe with a moist rag. Worked wonders for me.

Thanks sir.

Try ko dis weekend. Nasa baguio lang kasi me tomorrow until saturday on official trip sa office. Thanks again sir

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes, armor all is effective...until you stop using it. Then cracks start to appear. Those two gentlemen who say it works ever since is simply a testament to their consistent good upkeep of their cars. But thats just the point; you cannot stop using the product (a marketing execs dream). I agree with the statement that instant shoe polish causes cracking in shoe leather; this is due to its silicone content that seals in the pores in the leather. Leather needs to breathe and it will find a way to breathe, hence the cracks. Now I dont know if Armor All contains silicone but I do know my dash on my old car years ago cracked into a hundred pieces after I stopped using it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For me nothing beats a thoroughly cleaned dashboard. You can use armour all but the multi purpose cleaner. Tiaga lang sa mga libag na sumisingit sa gaps. pagkatapos rinse na using a sponge to obsorb the dirt and excess liquid. Good as new and no need to put anything else.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Maintaining the dashboard is one of the more often if not the least that is given importance so whatever the method you have started (i.e. putting Armor All, etc.) should be done with consistency.
    Another way to keep it from having cracks is putting the right tint on the windshield to prevent direct UV light from getting into the dashboard.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    same here. i just thoroughly wipe the dash down w/ tissue to absorb and remove the somewhat "oily" finish and to dampen the extra sheen after application.

btw, i've been also applying it to the fd w/ relatively good results. ang lapad kasi ng windshield at dash niya kaya kailangan talaga ng protection
    +2 here using for 15 to 20 yrs la nman naging problema, if ever na may marks siya sticky due to dble adhsive tape clean it with wd-40 and a soft cloath it works also sa sticker s windshield(try to rmove stickers with very sharp blade muna, ung lagkit e wd40 na) kung kupas na you can apply paint na pang dashboard tlaga you can buy it kay alex ng colorvision sa E.rod,q.c. forgot ko lang ung brand(US made, post k na lang pagnaalala ko) problem lang hind pang DIY na dahil u have to remove d dashboard to spray the paint and it works also sa mga side panels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Dashboard Rejuvenation?