New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sori guys, me again...

may ngatngat ng daga yung mga rubber stuff sa engine bay ko! first it was the tube for the windshield washer.... not really an essential part of the engine, pero nakakainis e.

THEN, i saw bite marks on one of the high tension wires!! i have to buy a whole set, kse hindi pwede tingi-tingi. it didnt reach the wires...pero bad trip.

now, how do i avoid this happening again. e parati namang malinis yung engine....minsan may engine wash pa sya. any suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    logbook,

Dumb question, but I think it may be relevant: Where exactly do you park your car? In a garage? On the street?

If you do have a garage, you might want to make sure that your garage is fairly rodent/bug proof. Keep your garage doors shut as much as possible and make sure that you keep the surrounding area clean as possible, to deter rats and other vermin from coming back.

Out on the street, it may be a litte more difficult. Again, try to keep the area around your vehicle as clean as possible; i.e. no food to attract vermin.

You might also want to place rat traps/poison right around the spot where you usually park your car.

Deterrence is still the best way to avoid problems like yours (simply by keeping things clean), but if all else fails, the traps/poison should proactively solve any issues.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    darn! hindi pala ako nagiisa. that thing happened to me din log book! sa akin naman, the rotten pest made lunch out of my brakelines. good thing i was at the house lang. so i went straight to the repair shop. Sigh! :xdarn! hindi pala ako nagiisa. that thing happened to me din log book! sa akin naman, the rotten pest made lunch out of my brakelines. good thing i was at the house lang. so i went straight to the repair shop. Sigh! :x

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm lucky never ko pa naranasan yan with my car... our street has so much rats roaming around at night, last night lang I saw a 10" rat dead in front of our gate...

Rat bait na nalang, lagay mo sa tabi ng each tire (dun sila umaakyat)... They're pretty smart, so place the rait poison inside some food... Di nila papansinin kung bait lang...

Be careful kung may pets ka, baka madali sila...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks guys....akala ko kse attracted sila sa smell or something e. malinis naman yung paligid ng car...pero minsan nga you see little rats that you want to step on (kadiri nga lang) :x

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ka nagiisa bro! Sa akin naman may kagat ng daga yung fuel line ko buti na lang hindi malaki. Minsan may makikita akong buto sa engine compartment ko dala ng daga.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sometimes yung daga likes the smell/taste of the insulator of some wires. thats why they like biting & trying to eat it. Its probably some chemical they are attracted to that was used to manufacture the wires.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    I'm lucky never ko pa naranasan yan with my car... our street has so much rats roaming around at night, last night lang I saw a 10" rat dead in front of our gate...

Rat bait na nalang, lagay mo sa tabi ng each tire (dun sila umaakyat)... They're pretty smart, so place the rait poison inside some food... Di nila papansinin kung bait lang...

Be careful kung may pets ka, baka madali sila...
    Tawagan mo si Ryan Jaworski, expert yan dyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afrasay: di ko gets... :?:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ryan, guns, 9mm, M16 (laser sights), rats. Get it?:lol:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
daga naman!