New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    guys is there an easier way in taking out the crankshaft pulley ? or is there a special tool na gamit ?

wala kasi ko makita na lagayan pangkontra para maalis sya ng socket.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    kailangan mo ng air tool para matanggal mo yong bolt make sure tangal rin yon 4 bolt niya.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir kilwind,

aling 4 bolt ? isa lang nakikita ko sa center eh, sa 94 esi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since the crankshaft will turn as you try to loosen the nut, you need to use the inertia (at rest) of the crankshaft and pistons. how? e di gamit ka ng "impact force" - use a hammer on the wrench. lagay mo yun wrench sa nut then hammer it in the direction it needs to turn (note that the nut may be a left-hand threaded nut, as oppose to conventional right-hand thread).

or you can try removing the starter and putting a wedge on the flywheel teeth to prevent the crankshaft from turning.

the 4 bolts kilawind is talking about is that sometimes there are 4 (or sometimes 3) small bolts on the pulley in addition to the nut on the shaft. i'm not familiar with your engine (or even my car's engine hehehe!) so i can't really tell if there are those 4 bolts.

you may also need a small puller to remove the pulley from the shaft.
    Last edited by yebo; March 8th, 2004 at 10:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    tama si sir yebo puwede kang gumamit nang martilyo para mag loose yong nut, ang down side naman neto is baka ma damage mo yong tread ng crank shaft sa sobrang force pero subukan mo parin ingat lang sa pag pukpok baka daliri ang tamaan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    laking trabaho yan dude... i suggest leaving it to the pros.

why do you need to remove it ba?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    nagpalit me ng timingbelt at waterpump, boss migs, ok na naalis ko na.

thnaks guys for the suggestions.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ah ok! hehe! congrats on removing it!Ü

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi nga ng matatanda, walang pakipot na dalaga sa matigas na utin, este matiyagang binata pala ! luluwag din yan! laway lang ang katapat!

ooops! baka mademanda ako ng gabriela...hehehe!

crankshaft pulley - paano alisin