New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have a 97 CR-V sa pilipinas, and since I'm here in the US, hindi na gagamit siya duon. meron pang STrada ang lola ko so she doesn't use the CRV. It only has 9,900 km on it. On my last visit, the rear right shock was rattling, so i had to replace that. the tires are due (not thread wear worn out, but age worn out).

now last month, when I took my GX into the dealer, i overheard the service advisor that even though her 97 ES300 still had low mileage, they wanted her to replace the timing belt. Is it true that even though hindi na gagamit, kailangan palitan ang timing belt?? I know that oil, battery, and tires should be changed regularly even w/o using the vehicle, but timing belt???

any suggestions??? thanx in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pahiram mo muna sa akin :D anyway at least sana na start and warmup yun engine. use the months as your maintenance sched and not the kilometer reading. kung pede drive around ng lola mo or kung hindi jack up all 4 tires from the ground.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm benta nalang kaya hehe

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    hmm benta nalang kaya hehe

yung tita ko, gusto bilhin but we said no. kailangan ko ng good car to use when i visit. so far i've instructed the driver to turn the a/c on also when they turn it on weekly, and possibly use it in church also. i definitely know the tires have got to be changed. paling na ang thread nung isang gulong

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the wear on the tire should not be so noticable with such low milage. normally you see cracks on the rubber from unuse but not na nauubos tread.

a 97 crv is almost 10 years old na. might be a good idea to have it replaced narin just to be sure. you don't want the belt snapping while you use it.

CR-V maintenance