New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    well in bimmers there's a kalt(cold) line wherein if ur engine is cold then the coolant should match that line, and when the engine's running * optimal temp the coolant rises a few inches..i think. maybe it has a few similarities to urs

yes it has cold level, but now the coolant level is getting lower than the cold level and i'm afraid that it might get empty by next week... dont know what coolant tobuy as written on manual to use toyota coolant..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bring it to the casa and have them check it out, sermonin mo na rin bkt ganyan hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    I check my innova and has no rad cap... only cap i see is the cap of coolant reservoir.. can you confirm this other innova owners...thanks..
    What?? No Radiator Cap? Bring it to the CASA ASAP and get a new radiator cap. This might be the culprit to your coolant level dropping. Since your car is still under warranty better use a Toyota recommended coolant so as not to void your warranty. Also insist on using distilled water, minsan kasi tap water lang ginagamit ng casa.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    sorry for the tossup what I mean "no radiator cap" NO SEPARATE RADIATOR OPENING UNLIKE IN MY OTHER RIDE which has cover for radiator and nother one for coolant reservoir,... only way you can put water or coolant to the radiator is thru the coolant reservoir..
    Last edited by Innova_Boy; March 26th, 2005 at 10:20 PM.

Ic. check underneat your car, the coolant might be leaking.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    It's not leaking i think it's being drank by the engine...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Rather thirsty engine i must say. On my current ride I only had to add about 500 ml of water to the reservoir during an 8 month period. (I should have added coolant though, but I'm planning to drain the radiator around July.)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    If this is also normal for the Innova I could just imagine a few of these vehicles overheating if some owners neglect to notice the coolant levels.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Innova is filled through the reservoir hence the absence of a cap on the radiator itself.

No manufacturer uses "concentrated" coolant on an engine. Either it is the 'pre-mixed' (diluted in water already) variety or the one you dilute with distilled (the drinking kind) water. I have not seen the coolant of the Innova. Types of coolant are usually identified by their colors. Our Toyota uses the red kind. My Pajero has the green one. I'm not too keen on their differences but both have to be mixed 50/50 with water and both have ethelyne glycol in them.

It is normal for the engine to take in coolant from the reservoir during operation. But then again, it should return to the reservoir again once the engine is cold (stone cold). If not, your first suspect should be how well the cap seals against the reservior.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    the color of mine is green coz the reservoir is transparent..

That's what i know it should return when cold but i notice lately na one half of the coolant in the reservoir when i got it is depleted na.. and the coolant cap is perfectly sealed naman.. what might cause the evaporation of the coolant kaya???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Coolant level??