New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6rr View Post
    ang ginamit is eletric saw,1.5 turns ung binawas and the ride.. medyo matagtag.. un na nga lang gagawin.. papacustomize ako sa zee ng suspension and ill look for a lowering spring.. thnx for the reply bro..
    or if you can't find one or don't have the budget, get surplus stock springs. tapos pa lower mo kay zee or cruven yung shock seats. same results. near stock din ang ride.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ang ginamit is eletric saw,1.5 turns ung binawas and the ride.. medyo matagtag.. un na nga lang gagawin.. papacustomize ako sa zee ng suspension and ill look for a lowering spring.. thnx for the reply bro..
    never putol or hinang ang coil spring other suspension parts wont last long thats my experience better buy a lowering spring pero dapat hangang 1.5 lang ang baba for b13 maikli kasi suspension travel nito speedmode meron sheepdog ang brand its better to buy new for a lowerinr spring kaysa surplus

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thnx for the reply guyz,a friend of mine sold me a lowering kit(spring and shocks),i dont now the brand but the color of the spring is blue.when i compared it to the stock,its higher.i hanvent installed it yet coz ill be bringing it to zee.is it authentic or i got ripped off.how would i know if its authentic or not.. again thanx guyz

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    You'll only know when it's already installed bro. Never cut more than 1.5 coils if your stock coil has only 5 coils in it. talagang matagtag yan as in 30% stiffer. Check this thread out for the explanation: http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question...__A0HZ9ADDwBwN

Yung answer #7 sakin yun. I did my research before going ahead with cutting my springs. I love what I did to my front springs. It's much stable compared to stock. As for the shock seats conversion, gusto ko lang share experience ko with Cruven. Before I did the cutting of springs on my car, my old shocks were converted by them. Yung shock seats binaba. Car was lowered and yung ride maganda kasi stock pa rin ang spring di sya tumagtag. Ang ganda sana, pro the shocks didn't last long. Nag-leak and nasira sila eventually. I suspect nung winelding yung shock seats sa new position nya something or some part inside the shocks got cooked up kaya nasira ito eventually. Eventually, I was forced to buy a new set of shocks. Balik stock height ako then I decided to cut the springs nalang. As for my experience, I wouldn't recommend altering the shocks. Baka magsisi lang rin kayo in the end. Hindi ko lang alam sa Zee baka may better procedure sila of doing it. Ang ma-rerecommend ko lang is, for those who seriously want their car to get lowered by 1.5 inches and more, mag-invest nalang sa lowering springs. Mahal pro it's worth every penny you spend on it. Di mauuwi sa wala like what happened to my shocks conversion. Pag tinotal ko lahat ng expenses ko dun + the cost of new set of shocks I would have enough already for a good set of lowering springs. Sayang. Yung setup ko ngayon with the half-coil cut springs (as mentioned dun sa link na binigay ko), I lost around 15mm off the fender gap and I love the better stability it gave to the car. No bouncy effect at all (as experienced by those who have cut off too much coils from the spring). Good luck bro.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i see,is it ok kaya if i cut the lowering springs para mas bumaba cia.. thnx for the link..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i see,is it ok kaya if i cut the lowering springs para mas bumaba cia.. thnx for the link..
    hehehehe. any why would you cut a lowering spring pa? kaya nga lowering spring eh, nakakababa na sya. and besides lowering springs costs around 9-15k per set, bakit mo pa sya sisirain?

if you want it lower, get lowering springs who will lower your car for 2", not the standard 1.5".

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    problem kze,ung nakha na lowering kit prang mataas pa sa stock.. dont know kung ilang inch ung drop nya..nde ko pa nappa-install.. meron na rin ako nkuha na pang likod,is it ok ba if magkaiba ung sa front and rear.. ano pala diff nun over coil.. thnx again happy gilmore.. dame mo lam sa b13.. honeslty la ako masayado lam sa cars,bike lang ako eh..saka nahihirapan ako humanap ng parts for b16 unlike sa honda khit surplus meron.. problem naman with a honda prang common na masayado..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    DI nyo pa makikita difference nyan sir habang di nyo pa sya napapakabit kasi di pa nako-compress ng body weight yung new springs nyo. Makikita mo lang yung talagang tayo nyan after nyo ipakabit yung lowering kit nyo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanx for the reply bro.. la pa kze tym pa-install.. so ok lang kaya un khit diff brand ung front and rear.. thanx again bro..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Tingnan nyo nalang yung tayo ng auto after mo ipa-install yung springs. If pantay lang front and rear or mataas ng konti rear sa front ok lang, pro pag mataas ang front kesa rear na parang magta-takeoff ang auto, palagyan mo nalang ng lifter para tumaas ng konti yung rear. Different brands kasi have different lowering styles pro ride is almost the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
coil problem?