New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hi peeps, sa mga naka city type z or 1st gen city owners, may nagawa na ba kayo to lower yung NVH (noise harshness vibration) levels of you car? I think the city has less noise insulation than other higher end models (from what I know ha). Any suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello kenz,

from what i've heard & saw with my own eyes. the sx8 city (both 1st gen & type z) does NOT have any NVH insulation at all. so the only thing that insulates you from outside noise are your tires.

ok din daw sound deadener ung flashband...for a more serious soundproofing, try Dynamat or Wurth

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're on stock rims and tires, switch to Bridgestone Turanza GR80s... they're nice and quiet...

not the ER, ha... the GR80... mas mura ang ERs, and they're not as good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    are there any reputable shops installing dynamat or similar products kaya? as for the tires i still have 1 year-old falken ziex 512s installed. though they are not as noisy as the stock 13 inchers. are the bridgestones the best out there when it comes to noise reduction tires?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wouldn't know, but they're the quietest I've tried. Yokohama dBs are also quiet, supposedly.

pero if you're on 15" rims or bigger, ALL the tires in your range are going to be noisy, one way or the other.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the cheaper the noisier, the more expensive the quieter..im talking about tires.

yokohama's "db" series tires are really quiet..they're OEM tires for the altis e & j models.

hmmm i think there's a thread here before about Wurth or Dynamat..try searching for it.
    si theveed yata nag create non.

City Type Z noise levels