New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how much does a cheap muffler go for these days? not one of those stainless steel wonders. i would really want something with a very big "tank" (that's not the resonator i think) to silence my annoyingly loud engine.

is the engine noise only a function of the diameter of the exit pipe (muffler tip)? or does the size of the "tank" also affect it? my engine noise is so horrible it sets off alarms in the parking lot, and the constant bass drone is very tiring on long drives (like on the expressway).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its a combination of the diameter of the pipe and size of the "tank" or what I can the "can".

Also, if its a free flow muffler or a true silencer.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some fetch for 400 to 800. These are just ordinary muflers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    these also rust out in about a year

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can get a nice local one for around 3,500... many local mufflers in this range are glasspack mufflers with smoother sound and better tone than 800 peso mufflers... still pretty loud, though.

You can get a sports muffler with good tone secondhand at Banaue or Evang, expect to pay up to 5000 for secondhand 5Zigen, HKS or RSR, but be wary of rust.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    i suggest that if you don't want a noisy muff that you get a 2nd hand JASMA certified muff.

I got a Fujitsubo Legalis R for just 5k the other month.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    actually my issue is that i don't have the stock muffler tip anymore, there is a big ricey muffler tip now (not my fault!) i am not sure if the "can" is still the stock can, haven't seen the can on other 626s yet (although when i was in the shop i checked out the jacked-up 626 next to mine and the "can" looked similar in size). i don't want/need a fancy muffler, i just want "stock" noise levels.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for 2nd hand/surplus JASMA spec mufflers. di ka magsisisi.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    where can we find this 2nd hand/surplus JASMA spec mufflers?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Where can we find second hand Jasma spec mufflers?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
cheap muffler