New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in indiana jones and the temple of doom, they strapped blocks of wood onto the pedals, so's shorty can drive... heh heh.
    but seriously, even if you manage to modify the seat, there may still be the problem of the steering wheel, and the visibility thru the front windshield..
    i guess she might be destined for the smaller cars in motoring life..
    and i do like the way honda allows telescoping the steering wheel in and out.. it's a godsend for us beer bellies..
    Heeyyy... ever try an automatic suv? it's one less pedal to worry over.. and i am confident someone out there knows how to modify pedals for vertically challenged drivers..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 20th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its actually a/t sir. thanks anyway for your inputs!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Guys help!

My wife has difficulty driving our Pajero Fieldmaster (PhDM) because her foot cannot reach the accelerator and brake pedals, as well as the steering wheel even if the seat adjustments (and the steering adjustments) are already fully extended. I've read from other sites that i need to remove the seat rails & braces and re-bore another holes further forward to re-fix again the seats,,,ouch!

Will there be alternatives other than this?

Tia!
    Bakit hindi mo sipatin yung pinaka-paa nung upuan na ire-design, putulin at lagyan ng sub-base na pwedeng I-adjust ng back & forth?

Kung alam mo yung base ng air compressor between motor at base, may turnilyuhan. Ina-adjust sya ng back & forth para humigpit yung belt.

Mas maganda ang design na yan kesa sa rebore, hindi na-compromise yung rigidity ng original base, hindi pa prone sa corrosion yung flooring ng car mo.
    Mas ma-trabaho nga lang at mas magastos, pero para sa akin mas may peace of mind ka!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo old fashioned kasi ako sir, i prefer preserving the overall oem look of the rig.

thanks for the contribution, 'will take that into consideration!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Na try nyo na sir mag lagay pillow and/or lumbar cushion sa likod para ma adjust seating position?in effect she will sit sa mid portion ng seat,close the distance to the pedals and rest her back na sa pillow/cushion. downside nito is walang rest for upper back.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we tried it na sir once, ok naman daw for some time but hindi sha comfortable (niloko pa nga nya ko parang naka-stroller daw! ).

plus i figured in the event of a collision, hindi masusuportahan yun head nya agains backlash.

thanks po!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if that is the case, just dont let her drive the paj for safety purposes.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    medyo old fashioned kasi ako sir, i prefer preserving the overall oem look of the rig.

thanks for the contribution, 'will take that into consideration!
    Ok, another try.
    Instead of cutting the feet of the chair, make another base plate na dun mo ikakabit yung dating turnilyuhan ng mga paa, at dun sa extension ng base plate din ituturnilyo yung dating pinagkakabitan sa flooring!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car seat far from pedals and steering wheel