New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hi peeps! i need your help about my car alarm....here's the story: i brought down the alternator to change the carbon brush. unfortunately, i forgot to detach the batt cable and i got a short circuit. consequently, the main fuse link was busted, changed it and everything was replaced. everything works fine except that the car alarm doesnt sound anymore. ano kaya problem? thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to reset, it should be in your alarm manual. o di kaya nasagi mo yung vallet switch under the dash?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    try to reset, it should be in your alarm manual. o di kaya nasagi mo yung vallet switch under the dash?
    sir yebo, its not a factory installed alarm so, no manual. i dont think the switch was touched since, i forgot to mention pala, at first, there was still a faint sound, then later it vanished altogether. thanks for the response.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    baka loose connection sa speaker/horn ng alarm. try to check it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bardigones
    baka loose connection sa speaker/horn ng alarm. try to check it.
    oo nga ano? i didnt think of that! thanks bro.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by conzky
    oo nga ano? i didnt think of that! thanks bro.
    if that doesnt work..try looking at your alarm speakers..maybe it's busted..if so, just buy a replacement alarm speakers. happened to me before.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5
    if that doesnt work..try looking at your alarm speakers..maybe it's busted..if so, just buy a replacement alarm speakers. happened to me before.
    i removed the horn, tested it by connecting directly to the battery, it was busted alright.bought a replacement, installed it, but STILL NO SOUND! HELP PLS.

car alarm: no sound!