New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi!

My car is a BMW 3 series, 94 model which is the last model before keyless entry became a standard for BMW. I am wondering if it is possible to have one installed because I tried with Carland yet they could not figure out how to install the car alarm/ keyless entry on my car.

Any suggestions? by the way what do you think of auto engine starts?
    reliable ba? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cuvee,

In most countries, bawal maglagay ng remote-start facility sa manual transmission equipped vehicles. So kung manual 'yung sa iyo, better not put one in. Yung remote-start ng Montero namin ay by Viper. Ayos naman. Nakakaaliw pero we rarely use it.

Magkano ba magpakabit sa dealer? Para full anti-theft system with immobiliser na ang maipalagay mo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the tip on auto engine start.

pero even for just a simple keyless entry, di alam ng carland
    kung paano eh. bakit kaya? any clues on how to install it on a bmw?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba iyang Carland? Nasa Pilipinas ka ba?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Your early E36 probably has no EWS security so rather simple as long as you can get the wiring diagram for car. Do a search on some US BimmerForums for DIYs and info on install. Best to first do a VIN check to find out the exact build date of your car and is engine designation (eg M40B18 for 318i).
    Remember BMW uses Positive triggered alarm, so Autopage, Clifford and DEI alarms will work. Autostart is an option but not useful here, probably difficult to wire in as well. Go for standard alarm funtion, immobiliser inhabit. That should be good enough.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i have an Enforcer remote start in the bimmer, works wonders in showing off to chicks..pero dati un sa fiance ko hehe like what otep said nakakaaliw but the novelty wears off quickly..

and wow 3 yrs old thread hehe

car alarm installation on a 94 BMW 3 series