New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys saan ba at paano ba ito inaadjust to make shifting more responsive?

I think my FC is suffering because ung low end power ko lakas pero it doesnt downshift too often. You need to depress pedal full to downshift. Paano ba?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Guys saan ba at paano ba ito inaadjust to make shifting more responsive?

I think my FC is suffering because ung low end power ko lakas pero it doesnt downshift too often. You need to depress pedal full to downshift. Paano ba?

TIA
    sir, anong klase kotse mo?? anywayz, I think that theres no other way to adjust an A/T.. specially if its fully Electronically Controlled (not unless you have a American Truck like Ford, Chevy, GMC.. which you can buy a programmable ECU scanner that can adjust Throttle Position and Shift Patterns on A/T transmissions).

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boss Corolla altis eh. Parang bitin kasi ang shifting. Parang may ishishift pa siya pero sagad na ang accelerator pedal. Do you think it is the throttle cable that I should adjust?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Boss Corolla altis eh. Parang bitin kasi ang shifting. Parang may ishishift pa siya pero sagad na ang accelerator pedal. Do you think it is the throttle cable that I should adjust?
    oh I see, well I think you should check your Throttle Cable and see if it needs adjusting. and if it does, adjust mo nalang (but wag sagadin.. baka tumaas ang Idle speed mo).

aite, peace.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks KBR. I tried to adjust the throttle cable but failed. Mukhang sagad na yung nuts.

Tried to see if there is an adjustment in the pedal area and found out theres none. I'll try to see if i can adjust the carpeting since its the one hindering full throttle. Im just curious why this just happened now. Factory set naman lahat.

Anyway thanks again.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    haven't seen the inside of altis A/T.

you mean you want it to shift down gear right?

if Altis A/T still use the old fashion kickdown cable (most of the time it is wrapped in orange rubber or atleast an elastic rubber). you need to fasten it tight.

sample pic from a pajero.

but I'm not sure if the Altis A/T still use the older system. baka fully electronic controlled na yan...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Try to have the accelerator or throttle position sensor checked and adjusted. Automatic transmission usually uses the signal from this together with the speed sensor to know when to change gears. If set too low will make your engine to shift late. If set too high will make your transmission shift early. What is your ride ba? When you try to full pedal the accelerator cable your AT will kick down (usually used in overtaking).

The throttle position sensor is located where the injection pump. It moves and its position depends on the accelerator pedal. Usually three wires ito. When adjusting have a mark so you can return it to original position if no improvement. A voltage tester will be very handy in adjusting this.

Hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    try to adjust the cable opposite the throttle cable. i think this is the kickdown for the a/t tranny. its also attached to the throttle body same way with the trottle cable. i forgot if to loosen is to make the shifting late or the vice versa. try nyo lang.

also, not sure if the altis has this. but my crv and smx (both honda) have this.

hth.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    loosen will make it upshift early... tighten will make it downshift early...

sometimes, you feel upshift early 'Lossen' is the best adjustment to save fuel. but one must also take note how deep are you pushing your accelerator pedal. plus too loosen will have problems uphill...

AT Cable adjustment