New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have a problem with my antenna. Naputol at naiwan yung diroscas sa loob. BTW it's a picanto. I really hate those long antennas na fixed na. Ayun tuloy naputol. My question is pwede pa kya matanggal yung putol na diroscas or I will get a new assembly. If natanggal na meron bang mabibili na maiksi lang na antenna that can be fitted to picanto. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on how the threaded part is stuck.

Traditionally, you can back it out by using a pointed object (e.g. nail or screwdriver) then tapping on it so that it rotates counterclockwise.

Some have had success by simply putting a strong adhesive (e.g. Mighty Bond) on the portion that broke and twisting the assembly out after the adhesive has cured.

Yes, there are non-OEM stubby (short) antennas available in the aftermarket. But you have to go through trial and error to find one with the same thread as the Picantos. Iba iba din kasi depende sa brand.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    the assembly is always accessible from the inside. I certainly don't know what car that is, but if it's not too hard to strip some interior panels and do it from there I prefer to do it tht way...

I replaced my ugly antenna on my first car because it looked out of place and just didn't fit the car...

broken antenna