New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi there!

We're interested in having the pickup body-repaired, and repainted sometime this year, or early next year.

Are there any reliable body repair/paint shops in quezon city? or somewhere near tandang sora? I've read about pdr and repainting threads in the forums, but their last posts were a couple of years ago. More importantly, what would be the price range for that?

Another thing, I'm thinking of replacing the original shock absorbers to make the ride more tolerable. I can't afford the ARB or the rancho shocks, but I've been quoted KYB shocks * 750 a piece for liquids, and 950 a piece for gas shocks.

Would changing to KYB improve the ride? which one to get though, liquid or gas? I occasionally need to load heavy stuff on the back, so reversing or removing the overload springs is not an option.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pag fluid type mas malambot ang ride. Not much force and dependent on the setting of your suspension. It dampens the lift and sag of the vehicle.
    Gas type medyo matigas pero mass heavy duty. Mas tindig ang support mas mahirap pababain ang ride. Gas type na lang lahat since pick up naman.

Rainy season pa, plan it pag medyo maaraw. Watch out for promo wash over. Avoid scrape to metal unless really necessary.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; August 22nd, 2007 at 09:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks po about the info about the shocks,

ano po yung "wash-over"? is it the same as repainting?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hilamos sa local. Upper layer lang ang pinturahan

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ah. Salamat po, laking ninyong tulong

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We're having a vehicle repainted at 97 Cordillera St. in Quezon City. That's the address walang name ang shop. hehehe.

Di ko pa alam kung okey ang resulta and ang total cost. Binabaklas pa lang yung sasakyan (dami kasing bulok).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Add ko po yan sa list ng papa-quotan ko, paupdate po kung okay ang service nila...

breathing some life into my ride.