New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    help, breathers po ba itong nasa pic?

Toyota diesel 2c-t engine.

click thumbnail to enlarge

the two indicated red spots, are they breathers? do they have a specific name?

the one that connects to the injection pump (indicated in blue) ano po ba ang gamit nyan?

at ano po ba ang mangyari kung the source got accidentaly switched to each other?

pasensya na po sa daming tanong...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir, #1 is not a breather. it acts like a vacuum going to the injection pump. so when your rpm is high (especially when the turbo kicks in), it send a "signal" to the diaphragm to let in more fuel supply. of course low rpm means lower fuel feed...
    #2 is the breather...

if the two got switched?
    nothing will happen because the hoses would not fit in the first place...
    Last edited by banaweonline; February 17th, 2006 at 11:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Edited: 11:57am

I have a problem kasi eh, after having my 3C-T injection got cleaning service. I notice that #1 is condemned... so I decided to check the net for pictures of engines but all I can find are 2C-T.

I don't own a camera so I decided just to doctor this 2C-T and a piece from a Carina engine to look like our 3C-T

edited pic to look alike my 3C-T

click thumbnail to enlarge

as you can see po, #1 is condemned and #2 is connected back to the Air intake.I have #3 and is related to the injection pump connection.

what do you think I should do?
    what is this #3 and what does it do?

after the cleaning service kasi, I notice these changes:
    1. better power
    2. lesser emission

3. but the governor became longer (meaning probably adjusted to higher)
    4. Automatic shifting gear is a little late
    5. fuel consumption increase by 30%

maraming salamat po sir!

at sa mga may 3C-T/3C-TE (2.2 Tubo Diesel engines) dito, puwede po ninyo tingnan ang sa inyo kung saan po sila naka-connect?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have a problem kasi eh, after having my 3C-T injection got cleaning service. I notice that #1 is condemned... so I decided to check the net for pictures of engines but all I can find are 2C-T.
    ---sir, i am assuming iyung kotse ninyo ay subic na estima/emina? kasi ito lang ang naka 3C-T. Lite ace and town ace naka 2C-T. local FX ay 2C lang.

as you can see po, #1 is condemned and #2 is connected back to the Air intake.I have #3 and is related to the injection pump connection.
    what do you think I should do?
    what is this #3 and what does it do?
    ---sir, #3 is the vacuum pump. commonly, vacuum pump is always at the alternator, pero sa 2C local, nasa itaas ng valve cover. 3C-T and 2C-T japan wala... or i may be wrong... leave it as it is muna. looks like there is a connection going to the injection pump diaphragm.

after the cleaning service kasi, I notice these changes:
    1. better power
    2. lesser emission
    ---that is good to hear.

3. but the governor became longer (meaning probably adjusted to higher)
    4. Automatic shifting gear is a little late
    5. fuel consumption increase by 30%
    ---try mo ibalik sa gumawa ng injection pump. baka kailangan adjust ang settings ng pump.
    Last edited by banaweonline; February 18th, 2006 at 11:51 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ---sir, i am assuming iyung kotse ninyo ay subic na estima/emina? kasi ito lang ang naka 3C-T. Lite ace and town ace naka 2C-T. local FX ay 2C lang.

hindi po, It's a Townace 2.2 TD. there are few Townys that are 3C-T, most of them are utility types, some are passenger types. my father's towny is a utility type 5-door.

---sir, #3 is the vacuum pump. commonly, vacuum pump is always at the alternator, pero sa 2C local, nasa itaas ng valve cover. 3C-T and 2C-T japan wala... or i may be wrong... leave it as it is muna. looks like there is a connection going to the injection pump diaphragm.

I decided to take the problem to my own handsand looked on other 2C-T townys here and copied the lines. and I learned that the #3 or the vacuum pump located on the top, is the same with 2C-T's located on the side. #3 has also has a connection on the side which cannot be seen on the picture.

---try mo ibalik sa gumawa ng injection pump. baka kailangan adjust ang settings ng pump.

ang papa ko kasi ang nagpa service dun and the peeps there ain't friendly. they just charged him 2400K. I also decided to adjust it by myself by 1/4 of 1 whole rotation and increased the Idle. and realized mababa pa pala ang Idle screw niya compared to the picture and the towny's I saw here.

I decided to follow what I saw and understood on other engines. that condemned #1 should be connected directly to the Injection Pump.
    Re-correct the #3 connection based from the other 2C-T engines.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...whatisdis3.jpg

I'm still evaluating the changes and the noticable change is, now I can hear the soft whistle sound when engines reaches 1500rpm. I assumed it's the turbo but i can't be sure since my dashboard doesn't have the turbo indicator like other townys. before kasi, i will only hear the whistle randomly and really soft that I can barely hear it. still observing the fuel consumption...

sa ginawa ko, I'm hoping walang mangyaring masama sa sasakyan ng papa ko.

anyway, maraming salamat po sir! may natutunan po ako sa inyo

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hindi po, It's a Townace 2.2 TD. there are few Townys that are 3C-T, most of them are utility types, some are passenger types. my father's towny is a utility type 5-door.
    ---hmmm... kinda rare...

I decided to take the problem to my own handsand looked on other 2C-T townys here and copied the lines. and I learned that the #3 or the vacuum pump located on the top, is the same with 2C-T's located on the side. #3 has also has a connection on the side which cannot be seen on the picture.
    ---located at the side= the back of the alternator

ang papa ko kasi ang nagpa service dun and the peeps there ain't friendly. they just charged him 2400K. I also decided to adjust it by myself by 1/4 of 1 whole rotation and increased the Idle. and realized mababa pa pala ang Idle screw niya compared to the picture and the towny's I saw here.
    ---2.4th lang? baka may minor stuffs lang ginawa. major injection pump repairs cost around 10th. sorry pero i am not expert regarding injection pumps. you can bring it to denso banawe in front of childrens hospital to have it checked. staff and crew are ok...

I'm still evaluating the changes and the noticable change is, now I can hear the soft whistle sound when engines reaches 1500rpm. I assumed it's the turbo but i can't be sure since my dashboard doesn't have the turbo indicator like other townys. before kasi, i will only hear the whistle randomly and really soft that I can barely hear it. still observing the fuel consumption...
    sa ginawa ko, I'm hoping walang mangyaring masama sa sasakyan ng papa ko.
    ---wala naman siguro. symptoms will arise kung may mali kang ginawa. kaya observe mo...

anyway, maraming salamat po sir! may natutunan po ako sa inyo
    ---no problem. marami dito taga tsikot ay matulungin. salamat.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ---hmmm... kinda rare...
    just lucky to get one.

---located at the side= the back of the alternator
    I see

---2.4th lang? baka may minor stuffs lang ginawa. major injection pump repairs cost around 10th. sorry pero i am not expert regarding injection pumps. you can bring it to denso banawe in front of childrens hospital to have it checked. staff and crew are ok...

cleaning lang kasi ginawa nila, they recommend some parts replacement but my bro said that we will just buy another whole surplus injection pump kung bibigay na talaga. anyway, my father is thinking of getting that Townace Noah in Subic.

I wish I can go check that Denso but taga Cagayan de oro po kami.

---wala naman siguro. symptoms will arise kung may mali kang ginawa. kaya observe mo...

so far wala pa pong problema sa ginawa ko peru disatisfied parin ako sa fuel consumption. 7-8 Kilometers per 1 Litre sa city w/aircon. the towny utility used to consume 9-11 per liter. try ko pang carefuly ibaba ito. I can still remember that the governor still looks longer before it was serviced. as long as it will still up-shift, too low kasi will cause it to a very late up-shift gear.

---no problem. marami dito taga tsikot ay matulungin. salamat.
    this is the best forum!

thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Breather