New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Just want to ask, ano ang mga dapat gawin when you are breaking-in your new vehicle, like ano lang ba dapat ang mga bilis for until I reach a particular mileage, etc? whats the best time to make an oil change/tune up.. manual says 3,000mi but then some people says dapat pag 1000mi palit na, etc. thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hhhhmmn..
    I read articles in magazines that basically say if you break in the engine fast it will run fast...if you break it in slow it will run slower
    Last edited by tinky; August 31st, 2005 at 01:39 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    btw, the car is auto tranny.. SUV. a friend told me to have it just under 50mph when running.. wag mungan i-birit (?) until i reach like 600mi (mileage)? is this true?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    have you read the manual that came with it?

I always break my cars in per the manufacturer's recommendation. It can't hurt anything to just go ahead and break the car in if you have the time and patience to do so.
    Last edited by tinky; August 31st, 2005 at 02:20 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    hhmm. not really.. right now, im just enjoying the new car.. hhmm.. yeah.. i'll try to check it out.. syempre, friends would check out the ride then comment on how I should break it.. i mean, when we were shopping for a new car, i got to test drive most of the toyota's and the nissan's (including the honda's) SUV and just step in the pedal and zoom away (good thing I wasn't caught over speeding in the feeder roads, hehehehe).. so I got like 85mph in a nissan pathfinder and like 75mph in a 4runner.. so probably, that's the way to break in new cars? thanks

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    well if you drive your car no more than 50mph then you might want to apply for a senior citizen driver's license ( joke lang bosing). break in period depends on your manufacturer's recommendation. pero you can go over 70mph if you want as long as you won't reach that certain RPM. kung ang redline mo is 7000rpm then don't go over 5000rpm...after ng break in period mo then may want to change the oil ulit para fresh ang oil mo bosing. some follow the break in for a new car and some don't nasayo na yan kung ano ang trip mo.
    eto personal advise lang bosing basta dahan dahan ang patakbo mo ng oto mo oks na yun wag mo lang bibiglain ang patakbo... just enjoy your ride bro... pagnasira balik mo sa dealer

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by missZ
    hhhhmmn..
    I read articles in magazines that basically say if you break in the engine fast it will run fast...if you break it in slow it will run slower
    If you're running your new car's engine fast, then that's not breaking-in. It's kinda funny (and ridiculous) that the car's quickness or slowness will depend on how it was run when new.

What we do with a new car is not drive it to the limit at once. It takes some time for the fresh new mechanicals to work together symetrically, as the fluids sink in for the first time. I don't accelerate hard and exceed 100 km/h until the car reaches its first thousand. In some cases, the car gets even better after putting several kilometers to it.

Also, I do not recommend any performance modifications until 5000 or more. Not only will you void the warranty, any part or setting improperly changed may cause undesirable operation or premature wear as well. Just wait for the whole car to get accustomed to itself and its new driver before any of that.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ganun po ba sir squala? :hihihi: salamat po sa pukpok sa ulo
    at nagising ako

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hindi naman ikaw ginigising ko eh, yung mga nagsulat ng articles na yon! :lol:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by missZ
    have you read the manual that came with it?

I always break my cars in per the manufacturer's recommendation. It can't hurt anything to just go ahead and break the car in if you have the time and patience to do so.
    New cars have been pre-broke in. Nonetheless, manufacturers have recommendations on the 1st 1,000 kms. So, better check your manual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Break-in questions..