New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i just wanna ask how long should this be done? some say using it atleast will be suffiecient enough? what if i drive if for 5-10km per day only? some say run it for 1000km then thats the time? im kinda confused...

Newly overhauled cars tend to consume more fuel right. thats the reason why i am askin how long so i can calculate my fuel consumption accurately... thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    fill your tank (first click lang), drive normally for say two to three days, fill up again. the volume of gasoline filled up versus the distance consumed would be the end result you want. (Say 100 kilometers versus 10 liters consumed would equate to 10 kms/liter)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    so how will i know if my car is ok and back to normal(break in)?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ang alam ko, break in period is the time that gives the engine time to seal properly yung mga gaskets and rubber.

there is no specific time frame pero yung mech namin sabi before, drive it not passing 80kms/hr for 1000kms to 2000kms. then after that it should be fine.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by batusai_jr View Post
    so how will i know if my car is ok and back to normal(break in)?
    sir, if your car is newly overhauled drive below 80kms/hr on the first 500kms (dont over rev your car especially if in Neutral gear), then after reaching 500kms you can gradually increase your speed but not over 100kms/hr after 1000kms then you can drive back to normal 100kph or more. then change oil. that it

newly overhauled is very sensitive unlike the brand new cars wherein you can go as fast as you can just after the first 100kms

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    sir, if your car is newly overhauled drive below 80kms/hr on the first 500kms (dont over rev your car especially if in Neutral gear), then after reaching 500kms you can gradually increase your speed but not over 100kms/hr after 1000kms then you can drive back to normal 100kph or more. then change oil. that it

newly overhauled is very sensitive unlike the brand new cars wherein you can go as fast as you can just after the first 100kms
    ah so after ng break in period kailangan i change oil?

Break In Period