New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I just noticed this today. Nagboboil yung water dun sa lalagyan ng tubig sa loob ng engine bay. Is this normal?

Car's engine is off. Corolla 95 gli.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    can you give us more details?

how long have you run the car? after turning off the engine, you popped the hood and you open the reservoir cap and the water/coolant was boiling (think kettle in a stove) or was steam pouring out?

did your temp gauge say you were overheating?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    can you give us more details?

how long have you run the car? after turning off the engine, you popped the hood and you open the reservoir cap and the water/coolant was boiling (think kettle in a stove) or was steam pouring out?

did your temp gauge say you were overheating?

Only 20 mins drive from qc to pasig.

i turned the engine off then i heard some gurgling. Then i popped the hood and the water was boiling where you put the water in the plastic container, Not steam. i didnt open the radiator cap because it seemed really hot.

Didnt notice if the temp guage showed overheating. i'll check on my way back home later.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    its not normal. Better check if your 2 fans are working they might be the cause of the overheating

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    drive again and look at your temp gauge. the gurgling could be water coming from the radiator going into the reservoir.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    happened to me before 15 minutes drive lang from my place to shagrila edsa, i heard gurgling in my engine compartment and when i opened the hood, the collant reservoir was boiling.

when i got home, i discovered wala na halos coolant/tubig yung radiator, nagli-leak pala sa drain plug, i simply tighten the plug and added coolant and water and okay na sya.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yung nangyari sa akin medyo bubbly yung reservoir pero hindi yung talagang bubbles na parang nagpapakulo ng tubig. Napansin ko lang after a long trip.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nangyari na sa tsikot ko yan dati, aux fan ang culprit.
    have your auxillary fan motors checked na lang.
    upod na ang carbon ng motor nyan kaya hindi na normal ang ikot ng fan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    prelude to overheating yan, the kind na titirik ang kotse mo in heavy traffic.

Check the following:

1. Auxilliary Fans, see that they are working,
    2. Coolant. Make sure na may coolant ka, not just plain water.
    3. If your car is old, baka yung water pump, nag stuck up na. . .
    4. Check for leaks in the radiator if you notice na panay lagay mo ng tubig.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    when i got home, i discovered wala na halos coolant/tubig yung radiator, nagli-leak pala sa drain plug, i simply tighten the plug and added coolant and water and okay na sya.
    Mejo similiar tayo. Found out the radiator cap was not fit tight enough. ok na auto ko ngayon.

So fellas pag naglagay kayo ng tubig sa radiator make sure you close the radiator cap tightly.

If i hadn't heard the boiling immediately, problem wouldve been worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Boiling water in reservoir. is this normal?