New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rolandml::: One thing for sure, if you add one liter of oil per week. Loose compression state na.

Sign of wear ang usok sa dip stick entry & engine oil cap. There's the possibility that your engine will consume one liter of oil inbetween oil changes. Which is normal for a commonly used engine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    rolandml>>>>>>>>>ako naman same problem din ewan ko kung ipapaoverhaul ko or change engine. problema ko sa overhaul palpak 2 beses na ako nagpa ayos napalaki pa tuloy gastos ko palit dyan palit dun hala sige palit ayos just to restore daw in excellent running condition sige naman ako after 6 months pucha pumupugak na makina ko, hirap umakyat, kumakadyot ang dami pa oil leaks. siguro kung sigurado ka na magaling yan nag ooverhaul sa oto mo---siguro propesor ng mechanical engineering o automotive engineering go for it pero kung yun mga mga nakatapos lang ng vocational or less palpak talaga gawa ng mga yan. overhauling from what i have read is a very complicated procedure dapat lahat precise ultimo down to the last detail, the clearances should be right down to thousands of an inch measurement. sa change engine the only thing you need to do is to be sure na ok yun engine na makukuha mo check for signs of overheating, oil leaks, gasket problems, compression etc. dami sa internet check mo yun tips(search ka lang ) you may use measurement tools if allowed etc.. kaya ko naman nasabi change nalang kasi ganun kasi nangyari sa transmission ko nung una nasira then tanong ko sa mga mekaniko magkano abutin 10,000++ good thing may nakapagsabi sakin na kung papaayos ko daw trans ko malamang di maibalik ng maayos yun mga rotating gears sa loob so sira din dahil naexperience na ng frend ko yun. ginawa ko change trans nlang ako buti nalang yun trans na binigay sakin sariwa talaga as in binuksan lahat kita ko hangang sa pinakamaliit na washer at conditions ng mga gears. so yun 4 yrs nato trans ko no problems naman think about it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's but normal that when you pull the dip stick or open the oil cap of your engine while running idle may konting pressure at tatalsik ang oil. Compression test is the best way to determine if yung engine eh blowby na. Also check your air intake valves. If there's oil there then blowby ang engine. Here's a link that might help understand what blowby means:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/blowby.html

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boydapa
    siguro kung sigurado ka na magaling yan nag ooverhaul sa oto mo---siguro propesor ng mechanical engineering o automotive engineering go for it pero kung yun mga mga nakatapos lang ng vocational or less palpak talaga gawa ng mga yan.
    I beg to disagree. My cousin (Ferdie) is a diesel mechanic vocational graduate. And he has overhauled more than a couple of engines (gas and diesel) and transmissions (auto and manual) with little or no backjob to his name.. I think what is important is that your mechanic has a grasp of the basic principles of what he is doing. Yes, being a mechanical/automotive engineer has its advantages, but do you think they do the actual job. At the end of the day, it is the typical mechanico that do the job. I guess it boils down to experience and knowledge and knowing when not to tinker with something that you have no experience of. The usual backjob of newly overhaul engines are overzealous owners who fail to to follow "break-in" driving procedures. my two cent...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boydapa
    siguro kung sigurado ka na magaling yan nag ooverhaul sa oto mo---siguro propesor ng mechanical engineering o automotive engineering go for it pero kung yun mga mga nakatapos lang ng vocational or less palpak talaga gawa ng mga yan.
    I beg to disagree. My cousin (Ferdie) is a diesel mechanic vocational graduate. And he has overhauled more than a couple of engines (gas and diesel) and transmissions (auto and manual) with little or no backjob to his name.. I think what is important is that your mechanic has a grasp of the basic principles of what he is doing. Yes, being a mechanical/automotive engineer has its advantages, but do you think they do the actual job. At the end of the day, it is the typical mechanico that do the job. I guess it boils down to experience and knowledge and knowing when not to tinker with something that you have no experience of. The usual backjob of newly overhaul engines are overzealous owners who fail to to follow "break-in" driving procedures. my two cent...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Additional info. Oftentimes blowby is caused by defective PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve. Check the valve first before you decide to overhaul your engine. THis is the usual cause of blowby wherein blowby gases tend to find other outlets to escape the engine. For additional info on PCV visit this url:

http://www.autotune.com/cprotest/cpc8c.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
blow by