New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Bump!

San ba tong potentiometer ng Corolla 2000 Gli? Skandaloso din yung alarm ko and I want to adjust it. Wala akong nakita sa dash (driver's side), although hindi ko naman binulatlat nang husto. Haven't looked at the passenger side dash too.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Bump!

San ba tong potentiometer ng Corolla 2000 Gli? Skandaloso din yung alarm ko and I want to adjust it. Wala akong nakita sa dash (driver's side), although hindi ko naman binulatlat nang husto. Haven't looked at the passenger side dash too.

TIA.
    If that is the same as the 1998 GLi's alarm, there is no way to adjust the sensitivity. That particular alarm does not use a vibration sensor but a proximity sensor. You can turn it off so that it only fires if the doors are opened. It's that or may lumapit lang na pusa alarm na kaagad.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ;38611
    Napaka-sensitive ng car alarm ng corolla gli 95 ko! Madaanan lng ng kotse sa tabi ay wang-wang agad. Madiinan lang ang body, wang wang agad. Napaka-eskandaloso! Ano kaya ang gagawin ko?
    sir sa ilalim ng dashboard sa lower portion ng driver side, meron dyan nire reset na red button? katabi nyan may black na parang box. mga 1 inch by 1 inch sya. ilagay mo sa negative ng konti. hihina yan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same din sa akin..kaya pag nasa open parking ako nasa silent mode yung alarm ko, kasi pag me dumaan na maingay (like mga skooter)a-alarm na agad.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ;38617
    Guys, tulong naman. Yong sakin, the opposite. Yong alarm ng kotse ko di na tumutunog. 18 mos pa lang after installation. I had it installed when I got the car from Mitsubishi/Diamond Motors. Nagla-lock pa din pero din na tumutunog. Appreciate your feedack...regards.
    tama si sir roydok, balik mo sa casa. bago pa e.
    chaka check mo rin po yung ground nung alarm horn, baka maluwag.
    di tutunog yun pag ganun

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    If that is the same as the 1998 GLi's alarm, there is no way to adjust the sensitivity. That particular alarm does not use a vibration sensor but a proximity sensor. You can turn it off so that it only fires if the doors are opened. It's that or may lumapit lang na pusa alarm na kaagad.
    been wanting to find this out with my Gli 98 also... most of the time, I am forced to manually lock the car instead of using the alarm lock kse sobrang eskandaloso... wala palang choice... tsk tsk tsk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Eto itsura ng blackbox

Yung potentiometer can be adjusted by a flat precision screwdriver. Turning it anti clockwise decreases sensitivity, clockwise increases. Yung indicator led lamp lits when a vibration is detected. Nilagay ko na lang infront just below my dash to enable me to adjust it whenever I wish.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Thanks, dude! I think it's the same as the 98.

Do you happen to have instructions on how to turn this off? I can probably live without it.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Do you happen to have instructions on how to turn this off? I can probably live without it.
    Anything? Anyone? Beuller?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Thanks, dude! I think it's the same as the 98.

Sorry bro, it's in my glove box, and my car is in the Philippines, and I am in the US.

If I remember correctly, you have to put the key in the ON position, then press the Lock button for five seconds until the LED blinks twice.

But I could be wrong. That might be changing to valet mode. Anyone with a 98-00 Corolla stock alarm manual?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Balat sibuyas na alarm  :-(