New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    anyway, i guess d masyado sealed yung part na yun ng ford lynx, coz my sister went thru d same flood before me, ahead lng sya ng 5 mins sakin when we got home. i checked her car (kia pride cd5 '94 p yun), it was totally fine. she even told me that she kept on reving the car, so she kept using the clutch.
    You wouldn't believe bro, but the Kia Pride is one of the toughest flood forging car. A lot of people look-down on this car but when the heavy rains come I rather ride in a Kia Pride CD5(SUVs, AUVs, light trucks are not in list) than a Honda Civic, etc.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    You wouldn't believe bro, but the Kia Pride is one of the toughest flood forging car. A lot of people look-down on this car but when the heavy rains come I rather ride in a Kia Pride CD5(SUVs, AUVs, light trucks are not in list) than a Honda Civic, etc.
    Probably it's a very basic cars with no sensors on it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIR, mataas ang breather ng transmission ng Kia Pride. That's a pretty sealed clutch housing para hindi pasukin ng tubig. Either that or the friction material in the Kia's clutch is not as sensitive to contamination.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    car is manual

honda city 1.5vtec. there were no warning messages in m. no loud noises, but i feel that there is something wrong with it. mejo maingay ang makina and the shifting of gears became a little bit rough

sana tlga nothing bad happend, car is barely a year old and sana naman there are no serious damages.

ronald_m where can i find the engine code?
    any help will greatly be appreciated
    Baka nabasa lang yun mga linkage na shifter going to the tranny. In a few days balik din sa dati yan. Just remember if your engine stalls do not, do not, try to restart it. Water could have entered your intake manifold and could be in you combustion chambers. As we all know water does not evaporates when ignited unlike gasoline. So imagine if water gets into your chamber, your engine stalls and you try to restart it, your piston goes TDC - say goodbye to your connecting rods.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Baka nabasa lang yun mga linkage na shifter going to the tranny. In a few days balik din sa dati yan. Just remember if your engine stalls do not, do not, try to restart it. Water could have entered your intake manifold and could be in you combustion chambers. As we all know water does not evaporates when ignited unlike gasoline. So imagine if water gets into your chamber, your engine stalls and you try to restart it, your piston goes TDC - say goodbye to your connecting rods.
    hi. pasensya na pero paki-indulge naman ako. yung connecting rod ba ang nagkakabit from piston to crankshaft? anyway, paano nasisira ang connecting rod kapag nasa top dead center ang piston? medyo dense kasi ako with regards to these things

thanks in advance

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    hi. pasensya na pero paki-indulge naman ako. yung connecting rod ba ang nagkakabit from piston to crankshaft? anyway, paano nasisira ang connecting rod kapag nasa top dead center ang piston? medyo dense kasi ako with regards to these things

thanks in advance

imagine compressing water instead of burned gaaoline. water becomes almost solid went compressed in the combustion chamber. with your exhaust valves closed your water have no where else to go. so the force would be absorb by the connecting rods w/c tends to bend.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    imagine compressing water instead of burned gaaoline. water becomes almost solid went compressed in the combustion chamber. with your exhaust valves closed your water have no where else to go. so the force would be absorb by the connecting rods w/c tends to bend.
    pero di ba sa exhaust stroke ng 4-stroke engine, dapat nakabukas ang exhaust valve(s)? so, kung may water sa chamber, pagakyat ng piston sa exhaust stroke, di ba lalabas lang ito sa exhaust manifold via the exhaust valve? unless lunod na lunod ang combustion chamber ng tubig at hindi kayang lumabas lahat sa exhaust valve.

lastly, does water become almost solid in the combustion chamber? it can become solid at very cold temperatures and, at 4 deg celcius, actually expands in volume. pero at high temperatures (as in internal combustion engines), i would think mas malapit ito sa boiling point.

thanks again. like i said, dense ako sa mga ganitong technical stuff. also, hindi ako engineer so i wouldn't know about these things like the regular engineer. pasensya na sa kulit ko.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try ko sumagot hehe

Compression stroke sarado lahat ng valves

Almost or virtually solid. Water is very difficult to compress. It's like falling into the sea from a 1000 ft height. Virtually same impact as when you fall on land
    Last edited by JohnM; September 13th, 2006 at 06:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Water cannot exit the cylinder through the exhaust valve fast enough. And water can actually push the valve shut.

Due to the speed of the engine and general non-compressible state of water, the piston would feel like it just crashed into a concrete wall. Sort of like what happens when an airplane crashes at sea.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno View Post
    Try ko sumagot hehe

Compression stroke sarado lahat ng valves

Almost or virtually solid. Water is very difficult to compress. It's like falling into the sea from a 1000 ft height. Virtually same impact as when you fall on land
    thanks. i assumed exhaust stroke kasi sabi niya burnt gasoline

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Baha--knee Deep