New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ^true, until their customers receive word of their overpricing and compare prices. personally, i wouldnt want my business to be branded as 'dollars ang presyo dyan'. believe me your business wont last long. reputation is very very important.

ganyan din sa banawe, pag alam nilang wala kang alam sa kotse tatagain ka. Kaya before shopping do your homework and research then canvass.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    actually in my opinion hindi totoo yang "some shops are taga."

those shops charge those prices, from people who don't know any better. walang magtataga kung walang magpapataga. the fact that the shop can get away with charging those prices, means they still have a market.

as speedyfix said, it's their right to make money. and your right to shop around.
    hahah tama ka dyan

walang manloloko kung walang magpapaloko
    walang mapapatay kung walang papatay ahhahahah

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    ^true, until their customers receive word of their overpricing and compare prices. personally, i wouldnt want my business to be branded as 'dollars ang presyo dyan'. believe me your business wont last long. reputation is very very important.
    hindi rin. there's a fool born every minute, as P.T. Barnum says. which explains the longevity of Zafra :P

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    hindi rin. there's a fool born every minute, as P.T. Barnum says. which explains the longevity of Zafra :P
    yeah but not every fool goes to that shop hehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    agreed.

but there is a never-ending supply of fools. because each year more people are born, more people enter the workforce, and more people acquire vehicles.

for everyone who knows about Cruven or Zee or Mang Mario or Speedyfix (not that i'm lumping them all into one category) there are probably 10X as many people who go to Zafra or Rapide or the casa.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup, but the reputation of those mentioned above are priceless. they have the advantage of word of mouth.

hehe namention nanaman Rapide, mahal franchise nyan :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    eh kahit ako na ream na ng rapide. 2000 for a radiator hose! :shock:

it only goes to show.. sustainable yung revenue model nila. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice to know i was not the only who got dicked by car repair shops ahhahah

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    unless the shop is also an auto supply, you can expect the prices to be a bit higher.

it's like if you go to a restaurant, you don't total up the cost of the ingredients then pay that amount. you go there to be served a good meal. and you pay the premium for that.

or a antique store, you don't pay for the price of the wood, but for the finished product.

if you could do the same job yourself, then you wouldn't have to pay the premium. buy the parts, get sweaty and dirty pero free na labor and you get the parts at cost. pero since you can't... you do expect to pay people who can do it for you competently and correctly.

just my 2 cents being a shop owner.
    Well said, not that di ako nagsisymphatize sa nagastos mo pre, pero LAHAT ng purchases dapat naman talaga you check the prices muna and make a decision kung fair ba ang presyo na binigay sayo... In terms of labor cost, this is something you can't objectively quantify din naman as shops will have different overhead costs depending on their rent, how much they pay their workers and their business plan.

Tama sinabi ni Migs about restaurants, di ba taga ang 25-30 pesos isang basong Coke sa McDo compare mo sa isang 2liter sa supermarket?

How come a Porsche oil change/tune up costs 12K while a regular shop charges less than 2K?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
bad experience in Motorcraft banawe