New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Happy New Year everyone!

Kinda puzzled by my sentra's behavior. The GA16 seems to be out of timing parati. After adjusting, the engine runs fine. after some time parang sobrang adveanced nanaman siya (the car "jerks" at low speeds but runs fine pag mataas ang rev or mabilis takbo ko). I've tried cleaining the fuel filter, air filter and MAF, etc. pero balik ng balik yung prob niya.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by calymd View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

Kinda puzzled by my sentra's behavior. The GA16 seems to be out of timing parati. After adjusting, the engine runs fine. after some time parang sobrang adveanced nanaman siya (the car "jerks" at low speeds but runs fine pag mataas ang rev or mabilis takbo ko). I've tried cleaining the fuel filter, air filter and MAF, etc. pero balik ng balik yung prob niya.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you disconnect the Throttle Position Sensor when you advanced the timing? If you don't, I think it'll readjust the timing on its own, despite whatever changes you've made.

Safest timing is about 10 degrees of advance only, and only if you use premium gas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    cars with distributors will not change the static timing unless you move the distributor. look elsewhere for your problem imo.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for the input. I've advanced my timing (by moving the distributor po) by about 5 degrees. also tried up to 10 pero the problem still comes back.

Would the crank and camshaft position sensors affect the timing in anyway?

B13 timing problems