New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    my car is a corolla 93 GLi. I noticed my temp gauge seems to go up than normal. I noticed that the only fan moving was the smaller fan (A/C fan). I decided to replace the motor of the bigger engine fan. however, now i noted that when the aircon is turned on, both fans work which is i guess normal. BUT, when you turn off the A/C the bigger engine fan doesn't automatically turn on when the engine reaches a certain temp. hence, my car overheats when the A/C is turned off.
    ???
    What's the problem?
    How to fix it? thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Could be wired incorrectly.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Check your relay for the big fan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    Check your relay for the big fan.
    i think fafs, ok ang relay niya..kasi pag in-on ang ac, umiikot ang rad fan, eh..

baka ung thermo switch/stat ba un? baka un ang naglock..dapat kasi when the engine reached the desired temp, mag-open un then open niya ang rad fan..parang ganun..sa kin kasi, dati, ayaw umikot ang fan kahit naka-ac..palit relay..un, oki na..off siya pag ala pa sa desired temp ang engine..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Im in the state of confusion.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    Im in the state of confusion.

hahaha, ako din, eh...dalawa na tayo...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the reply. L try to have them check both. hopefully matapos na.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaisdlp View Post
    my car is a corolla 93 GLi. I noticed my temp gauge seems to go up than normal. I noticed that the only fan moving was the smaller fan (A/C fan). I decided to replace the motor of the bigger engine fan. however, now i noted that when the aircon is turned on, both fans work which is i guess normal. BUT, when you turn off the A/C the bigger engine fan doesn't automatically turn on when the engine reaches a certain temp. hence, my car overheats when the A/C is turned off.
    ???
    What's the problem?
    How to fix it? thanks

IME so far sa auto ko corolla din same din..

Check your aux fuse or rellay.. tignan mo sa fuse box.. baka maluwag lang or sira na..

auxillary fan nightmare