New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hey guys! i would like to ask if you know of schools offering automotive mechanic courses (gas & diesel). im actually an engineer but i would like to expand my knowledge on cars. im looking for schools in QC area. thanks very much!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a few years back, yung mga pinsan ko nagenroll sa meralco school. meron automotive mechanic, automotive electronics, etc. dun yata sa may quiapo yun e. ewan ko lang kung meron pa rin ngayon.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    alam ko mayrun din sa mga tesda schools.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    thanks very much sa mga nagreply

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you can try out meralco foundation... dyan mismo sa may ortigas meralco ave... you start out at auto electrical.. then you can choose gas engine, diesel engine, may computer box din... underchassis meron din... also some other vocational courses like machining (milling machine, lathe, etc), may mga IT courses din... and industrial electrical... industrial electronics (PLC, etc.)...

they used to have a site: www.mfi.org.ph... just not sure kung buhay pa... you can search it out meralco foundation...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I studied almost all the automotive short courses in MFI, except a/c which I regret that I didn't take. The good thing about them is its more hands on learning since they have a lot of engines there, both gas and diesel. There are a lot of Mechanical engineers that were classmates of mine. They say that they want the hands-on approach since ME was very broad and theoretical.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup meralco foundation....merun advertisement usually on sundays sa bulletin and inquirer...around P3000 to 6000 and tuition depending on the course and time (usually 40-60 hours ang isang session - offered on weekdays and also saturday classes).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I took up Basic Car Mechanic at Meralco foundation few years ago. I learned a lot and still using them till now. They are one of the best automotive schools around.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you can try DON BOSCO makati, galing sa automotive yan kc toyota ang sponsoring company nila (ewan if until now). mostly lang is toyota engines (efi/ carb and diesel).

automotive mechanic schools