New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    How frequent and pagpalit ng ATF Fuilds? What is a good brand for ATF Fuilds?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i think you have to check the quality of the fluid. pag masyado maitim na its time to change. consult your manual about the interval.
    any ATF with reputable brand will suffice.

hth.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    btw, it's a good idea not to mix different brands. drain the old fluid and replace with new just to be sure.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The owners manual usually recommends 40,000km intervals but given our humid, dusty, and rainy conditions, anywhere between 20 to 40K seems good.

On the ATF to use, use one that is specified for your engine (i.e. Dexron II-E, Dexron III, etc). Use a known brand (i.e. Mobil, Castrol, Shell, etc...)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I usually ask the casa what type and brand of ATF they use then source it on my own.

This way you're sure you get the right type, ie, Dexron IIE or III or Mercon V.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mobil atf smells like guava... hmmmn

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Revive ko na lang tong thread kaysa open new one.

May difference ba (aside from price) ang different brands ng ATF with the same specifications? So Dexron III from Shell, Caltex, Petron or Castrol are they equal or will one brand perform better?

What is your prefered brand and how much per liter?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Revive ko na lang tong thread kaysa open new one.

May difference ba (aside from price) ang different brands ng ATF with the same specifications? So Dexron III from Shell, Caltex, Petron or Castrol are they equal or will one brand perform better?

What is your prefered brand and how much per liter?
    wala available ATF dexron III sa shell, petron and caltex. autosupply and SM ACE hardware sell CASTROL TQ DEXRON III for 220 php. mahal ang MOBIL multi-purpose ATF dexron III, nasa 250 php. TOTAL stations also sell DEXRON III for 150 php only. pare-pareho lang naman sila in terms sa performance coz they are especially meant for ATF requiring dexron III specifications. Go for CASTROL..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    wala available ATF dexron III sa shell, petron and caltex. autosupply and SM ACE hardware sell CASTROL TQ DEXRON III for 220 php. mahal ang MOBIL multi-purpose ATF dexron III, nasa 250 php. TOTAL stations also sell DEXRON III for 150 php only. pare-pareho lang naman sila in terms sa performance coz they are especially meant for ATF requiring dexron III specifications. Go for CASTROL..
    sir 2Dmax.may roon ka ba alam store dito sa QC pwede makabili ng Castrol dexronIII?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May stock niyan sina Glenn. Php220-230/liter ata. Castrol Protector series Dex III. Iyan kasi ginamit ko nung nag-change fluid sa PS ng Vitara.

Nasa profile ni GlennSter ang address at name ng shop nila.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
ATF Fuilds