New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka, teka, teka......

in diesel engines, air quantity is only second to air quality that goes inside the engine. kung may "unrestrictive" air filter ka, this also causes smoke since there is more air than the fuel. again, what's important is how clean is the air that goes in coupled with clean diesel.

yung bio diesel naman is ok for mostly mechanical fuel injection systems. huwag lang gamitin sa mga common rail type of fuel system like what the high end trooper has at paniguradong sira yung pump nyo agad.

Doc Diesel

2. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Originally posted by Doc Diesel

yung bio diesel naman is ok for mostly mechanical fuel injection systems. huwag lang gamitin sa mga common rail type of fuel system like what the high end trooper has at paniguradong sira yung pump nyo agad.

Doc Diesel
    am i right to assume then that you would not recommend biodiesel for the zd30 engine of the patrol?
    could you elaborate on why or why not?

3. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    DOC! welcome back! nice to see the resident GURU on the board again...

4. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    teka, teka, teka......

in diesel engines, air quantity is only second to air quality that goes inside the engine. kung may "unrestrictive" air filter ka, this also causes smoke since there is more air than the fuel. again, what's important is how clean is the air that goes in coupled with clean diesel.

Doc Diesel
    - ei Doc, so you dont advise using bio diesel on trooper?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir doc diesel
    normal lang ba na may matinig na tunogsa brakes pag bagong start? kasi pag maiinit na nawawala naman. pinacheck ko brakes makapal pa naman daw. pajero ride. thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka, teka, teka......

Doc Diesel
    Hehe... kaya ako, iwas kaagad when the car in front of me smoke belches. Ayoko mahawa ang ride ko (parang sipon eh). Also, I change my air filter every 5000km if possible (I get the cheaper ones).

Doc Diesel, why do those new Pajeros and Troopers blelch black smoke (aside from using lousy fuel)? Is there a problem with the turbo?

7. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    hanep... seeing DOC DIESEL and DIESELERS posts bring back the good old days!

to admins: sorry for the OT. medyo na-carried away eh.. =)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc Diesel,

ano ba problema pag dragging ang sasakyan? nag palit na ako ng clutch disc, pressure plate & release bearing.. pag naka first gear then bibitawan mo, lakas ang kadyot.. also second gear same thing, pag nag bitaw ka ng silinyador, kumakadyot.. my mechanic friend told me baka daw fly wheel na kailangan ipa machine "reface".. what seems to be d problem? .thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paging auto_xer , san nga address ng shop mo??

peeps lam nyo ba kung san shop ni auto_xer??

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hi Everyone,

Recently had my besta overhauled. Changed the piston rings and had new main and rod bearings replaced. Also had the oil pump replaced. The problem is it stalls after using it in the highway. Before I used to hear a hissing sound. The shop had the cylinder head rephased. But it still stalls. Then its a little hard to restart. It is already a smoke belcher. What do you think is the problem ?

Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Anything and Everything Diesel