New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my safari has an open type filter......

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ang problem po kasi yung knn filter ko is not cone na isa lang ang opening. both sides may butas nagpafabricate lang ako ng takip ang tube. diesel engine experts ok lang kaya to? or bili na ako bagong stock knn filter, sayang kasi yung knn filter.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buhay na naman ang dieselclub.org! :mrgreen:

Ei Doc,

Safe ba saksakan ng high pressure water yung tambutso para maka-bawas sa usok? Yung tubig ba ay hindi papasok sa exhaust manifold?

:D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    doc diesel, in addition to bogart's question, will pressure washing of tambutso damage the turbo mechanism of an Isuzu XTO?

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede yan bogart, as long as huwag mo paabutin dun sa primary muffler mo.

teal, I don't think aabot sa turbo yung water, so ok lang.

Doc Diesel

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    the reason why most (brand new) diesel-powered AUVs and SUVs "smoke-belch" is because of the very restrictive oe air filter.

using free-flow or cone-type filters will reduce chances of air starvation?

comments will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 20bulbsXL
    the reason why most (brand new) diesel-powered AUVs and SUVs "smoke-belch" is because of the very restrictive oe air filter.

I beg to disagree! The air filters installed are OEM are custom manufactured for the respective engines!

The problem lies in the DIESEL FUEL being manufactured by the big Three! The specs are out of whack from the international standard specs in terms of cleanliness (sulfur content etc...).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    Quote Originally Posted by 20bulbsXL

I beg to disagree! The air filters installed are OEM are custom manufactured for the respective engines!

The problem lies in the DIESEL FUEL being manufactured by the big Three! The specs are out of whack from the international standard specs in terms of cleanliness (sulfur content etc...).
    woodfire:

first, no argument with the Diesel fuel being sold here, bro.

also, u don't have to tell me that the air filters are OEM and that they are custom manufactured by their respective makers!

All of us, i think, are pretty much aware of this fact. No argument here either!

i still maintain though, and i find OEM filters very restrictive by design. more so, when the engine is subjected to heavy loads or going uphill, where demand for air is much greater.

lack of air usually translates to poor a/f mix thereby causing diesel-powered engines to "smoke belch."

anyway,

i am merely inquiring whether it is adviseable to upgrade to a freeflow-type (or maybe cone) air filter to help solve the demand for more air requirement of n/a diesel engines?

thanks.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    doc diesel

ok bang gumamit ng biodiesel ang xto manual

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Doc Diesel,
    Free flow or Cone Type or Snorkel??? Which will make a greater difference in peroformance? Ano yung pros and cons?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Anything and Everything Diesel