New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by danesjr View Post
    ano yung ***agonal?
    i bought a set, pero usually 10 at 12 ang nagagamit.
    baka po Hexagon ang ibig niya sabhin

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    8,10,12 and mm. sa 168 mall lang ako bumili ng mga pandagdag as mga Stanleys ni erpat.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^I think he meant hexagonal

Medyo nalalayo na tayo pag ***agonal

Here maraming Stanley, Craftsman, Hazet, etc. Stanley ok na sa akin. Autozone has nice quality tools too - Greatneck yung brand nila. Duralast ones are too expensive for me.

Avoid cheap tools unless you want to strip the fastener. I learned this the hard way - had to buy vice grips to get the screw out.

For sockets, I have 3/8 drive, 1/4 drive sockets with adapter to go from 3/8 to 1/4. I also have sockets with 1/4 instead, to avoid lowering the torque when using the adapter. A torque wrench is good to have too as well as a breaker bar. Just be careful and know the torque specs and corresponding units measurement (lb-ft or otherwise).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yeah that's what i thought. I had to google to be sure

anyway, avoid cheap tools. great investment ang mga ganito. I remember somebody had a bad wound when the wrench broke( the open side). he bought another of the same brand, and it broke again. KYK ata brand nun

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ayos to!hehehe

salamat po sa mga inputs,mga magkano po kaya per piece ng mga to?

salamt po uli mga sir

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by danesjr View Post
    yeah that's what i thought. I had to google to be sure

anyway, avoid cheap tools. great investment ang mga ganito. I remember somebody had a bad wound when the wrench broke( the open side). he bought another of the same brand, and it broke again. KYK ata brand nun

There's a good KYK variant (yung Japan)... True, avoid using cheap tools, especially on heavy work as they can break indeed. I keep a set of the cheap tools in our garage for light work (removing small stuff, etc) so it's easy to access and it won't hurt much if ever it's lost or stolen.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    ayos to!hehehe

salamat po sa mga inputs,mga magkano po kaya per piece ng mga to?

salamt po uli mga sir
    depende sa brand ang price at saka mas makakamura kung set mo bibilihin
    may kasama pa lalagyan

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ok na ang 10,12,13,14 na box at 10,12,13,14 na open para mag umpisa ka,pero kung maluwag ka sa pera don kana sa mahal na brand para maiwasan mo na mabilog ang bolt & nut.pagmumurahin ang tools mahinang klase ang bakal na ginagamit sa tools kaya madaling masira at baka masaktan ka pag kabyos.try mo ang stanley,husky,craftsman at kung gusto mo ng D'best Snap On ka na. just to start ok ang mura pero ingat ka sa pag gamit.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    ^I think he meant hexagonal

Medyo nalalayo na tayo pag ***agonal

Here maraming Stanley, Craftsman, Hazet, etc. Stanley ok na sa akin. Autozone has nice quality tools too - Greatneck yung brand nila. Duralast ones are too expensive for me.

Avoid cheap tools unless you want to strip the fastener. I learned this the hard way - had to buy vice grips to get the screw out.

For sockets, I have 3/8 drive, 1/4 drive sockets with adapter to go from 3/8 to 1/4. I also have sockets with 1/4 instead, to avoid lowering the torque when using the adapter. A torque wrench is good to have too as well as a breaker bar. Just be careful and know the torque specs and corresponding units measurement (lb-ft or otherwise).

Sorry, my mistake. Wrong forum nga siguro ang "***agonal".

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ok na nga ang sizes 8,10,12,14 for most ordinary work.

But most crankshaft bolts are 19mm (for turning the engine when setting TDC). If you also have to do some undercarriage work (replacing balljoints, engine supports, etc) some of these nuts/bolts are 17mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ano size yung mga Open /Box wrench madalas gamit nyo?