New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Mga peeps,

Mawawala kasi ako dito sa pinas ng 4 months. Since maiiwan ko otto ko ng 4 months at wala naman ibang gagamit, ano dapat kong gawin para ma stock siya? Baka kasi pag dating ko eh nde na umandar ang otto ko. Wala rin naman akong mautusan mag start ng makina everyday kasi I'm living alone.

Tsaka ano ba dapat kong i-check sa otto ko pagdating ko? May kelangan ba akong langisan or something? Sensya, wala kasi ako alam masyado sa otto.

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey x101x, welcome to the site.

One thing you can do is to 'lift' your car which results in all 4 tires being above ground. This will prevent your tires from forming a 'permanent' flat on one side.
    Diba walang gagamit?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with master dieseler!!! :D

Another thing you could do is iwan mo ang susi sa trusted friend or family member mo, then let him/her start and warm-up the engine for about 5 mins everyday..IMO lang po...coz ganito ang nakasanayan namin ng dad ko before :wink:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pahiramin mo na lang musa sa kotse peeps!!! hehehe!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or ihabilin mo sa trusted relative mo:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fill the tank with fuel. Put it on jackstands. Have someone start it kahit once a week lang. Better have someone to clean it too.

Make sure you give it a good cleaning before you park it for 4 months. Pa-detail mo muna kay theveed. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can:

- Park the car in a garage and cover it with a good car cover.
    - If you want to lift the car, support it at the outermost points of the suspension in such a way that the springs and other suspension components will be in their "natural" position as when the car is being used. I think most modern radials don't get "flat spots" anyway so you can do away with the jack stands and just overinflate the tires a bit (including the spare) and make sure they have no leaks.
    - If you can park it without lifting/engaging the handbrake, do so and just put a block on the tires.
    - Change the engine oil, the brake fluid, and fill the gas tank right before you park the car.
    - Make sure the brake fluid, coolant and transmission fluids are topped-off lest you want those parts to rust.
    - Have it started once a week, if not, remove the batteryand store it to keep if from getting discharged
    - Spray WD-40 on possible parts in the engine bay and body that can rust
    - Get a good engine wash and underwash
    - Wax the car
    - Clean the interior and trunk (you dont want ants and rats to nest in your car right?)
    - Put a something inside the car (charcoal?) to absorb the moisture and keep the interior from getting molds/"amag".

If you wash the car before parking it, drive it arounda bit to get rid of the moisture in the tailpipe/exhaust system.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice one Master Vinj.. your're the man

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try reading this article

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_care_sat/2002/10/storing_your_car/index.phtml

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually ginagawa ko if nawawala ako ng 1 month or more is to leave my car keys sa tatay ko o sa sister ko and let them use the car, basta pa papagasolinahan nila eh. :lol:

yung wife ko kasi does not know a thing about cars eh, pasahero lang talaga so hindi ko mabilinan on what to do.

pero kung mga one week lang ako nawawal, i just usually leave my car sa basement parking sa office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ano dapat gawin pag iiwan mo otto mo ng matagal?